• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For good reason. We were dumb enough not to play him in the List A game. Now we are stuck with Ronchi misfiring (shock horror), and Davis as back up who has shown nothing to suggest he's a good OD player.

We absolutely did **** up by not giving him the opportunities a guy of his class deserves.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
For good reason. We were dumb enough not to play him in the List A game. Now we are stuck with Ronchi misfiring (shock horror), and Davis as back up who has shown nothing to suggest he's a good OD player.

We absolutely did **** up by not giving him the opportunities a guy of his class deserves.
yeah but at one stage hussey wasn't in the WA domestic one day team, he dealt with it and got better, rogers had a cry and pissed off to vic, typical sooky ranga kid, don't come back either, we might catch gingervitis

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
yeah but at one stage hussey wasn't in the WA domestic one day team, he dealt with it and got better, rogers had a cry and pissed off to vic, typical sooky ranga kid, don't come back either, we might catch gingervitis
Wouldn't want to come back, he'll actually win something in Victoria.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Maybe, seems down the pecking order though. I reckon it'll be Jaques/Hughes after both Hayden and the Katman go though. Rogers is the wrong side of the big three-zero, after all.
I think I will reserve judgement on Hughes until after this season. No doubt he is talented, but I'd probably still take Jaques and Rogers over him at this moment. Not sure what the selectors would do though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think I will reserve judgement on Hughes until after this season. No doubt he is talented, but I'd probably still take Jaques and Rogers over him at this moment. Not sure what the selectors would do though.
Yeah, would be very surprised if Hughes jumped ahead of Rogers as yet.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd imagine one if not both of Katman/Haydos will go on for another year, Haydos will probably go after the Ashes (in comes Jaquesy) and Katman probably a year after that (form permitting, obv.). That'd make Hughes 21ish and IMO he'll be ready. I didn't say he'd come in tomorrow (Marsh would probably, though, going on recent selections) but by the time both our currents are gone he will.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Probably one of the worst ever posts I've read on a forum. :(

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah but at one stage hussey wasn't in the WA domestic one day team, he used it as motivation to get better, rogers on the other hand just went lickity split to victoria without even hanging around to sort out their differences. fairly standard fare for a red head if you ask me, and if you don't mind, we think it's best that you don't come back either, one less red head in the gene pool.
Probably one of the worst ever posts I've read on a forum. :(
Edited for fairweather Christians.

brockley

International Captain
I think most blues fans are sick of NSW playing these part time allrounders who master no art,their is a concern we are not picking batsmen anymore.The batsmen picked so far apart from hughes and forrest have been deploreable so far.
We won't improve to we pick a balanced line up.
Last for both comps and the T 20.:@

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I think most blues fans are sick of NSW playing these part time allrounders who master no art,their is a concern we are not picking batsmen anymore.The batsmen picked so far apart from hughes and forrest have been deploreable so far.
We won't improve to we pick a balanced line up.
Last for both comps and the T 20.:@
Well said. I'm sick of Moises underperforming.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Marcus North - what a gun! :D
I say it so often that when I've finally got reason to rub it in, it seems like a tautology.

Best bloke, it's only because I wish him the best that I hope he makes it for Australia at some point; personally though, I just love seeing him play for WA.