• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Thank god, he's gone without wasting too many deliveries. Absolute flat track bully + Minnow basher. Shocking people were calling for him in tests.

Hopefully Sehwag regains his momentum.

Darn, Sharma in, what's point of saving Yuvraj?
doubt it's ftb, more mental it seems like. the ball isn't doing all that much really. just stopping a bit.

Precambrian

Banned
Excellent bounce on this pitch. Utilized well by the Flintoff. And exposed some of the batsmen's inability to deal with balls rising above waist length.

Now this is a match for England to win or lose. They'd really have to crap up to lose from here.

Precambrian

Banned
A lot of people want that and a lot of people think that is likely to happen. In fact, a lot of people think he can 'walk' into Tendulkar's Test shoes.

Likely scenario.
I think nobody in their sane minds would ever say such a bull**** that he is ready to walk into Tendulkar's shoes.

Two gorgeous shots from Rohit. Should settle him down.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I think nobody in their sane minds would ever say such a bull**** that he is ready to walk into Tendulkar's shoes.

Two gorgeous shots from Rohit. Should settle him down.
Ian Chappell did. In addition to that, there appears to be a whole lot of fan boys on here who proclaim him him. Thus far, from the young 'uns, he hasn't done much more than Uthappa and Karthik, and he is certainly behind Raina.

Precambrian

Banned
Ian Chappell did. In addition to that, there appears to be a whole lot of fan boys on here who proclaim him him. Thus far, from the young 'uns, he hasn't done much more than Uthappa and Karthik, and he is certainly behind Raina.
I know Chappell's ga ga over Rohit, but haven't heard him say things like he's ready to step into Tendulkar's shoes etc. Maybe I havent seen it. If its true, then I;ll add it as another one of Chappeli's blunders.

Am one of those who really favor Rohit here, am sure he's better than Raina, but Tendulkar? :laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Genius policy of England to intimidate the opposition by opening the batting with 2 guys that look like paperboys and both have a career strikerates of under 72.

Precambrian

Banned
Genius policy of England to intimidate the opposition by opening the batting with 2 guys that look like paperboys and both have a career strikerates of under 72.
Harsh on them really. They did a fine job today, didnt they? They scored and scored at a good rate.

Sehwag getting away with the match. England must strike soon. Bring in the spinner, guaranteed first over loft from Sehwag.

tooextracool

International Coach
Certainly did a better job than Prior would have done. I was hoping that at 8, Prior's services would not be required and yet he came in and really messed things up at the very end. Bell and Bopara actually did a fairly good job at the top, and the idea of sending Bopara up the order could be described as an inspired one, however one gets the feeling that England really messed up their batting order once again. Collingwood is not a no 4, hes simply not good enough a cricketer to bat at number 4 for England in an ODI shirt IMO and I think England missed a trick by not batting Shah in that position instead. Personally, I dont like the idea of Freddie having to come in and accelerate from the word go and we've seen that the pressure has almost always been on him when hes come into bat to score relatively quickly and whats worse is that hes had to accelerate while playing against the spinners. IMO in the last ODI we saw what he could do with the field up during the powerplays and I really do believe that there is no stronger evidence for him to bat up the order than that.