• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, he probably has pencilled himself in the side as a opener for a while yet. Damned annoying that he got out though, and you can see us folding form something ridiculous here.
England actually still have plenty of batting, still another front-line batsman to come, then Prior, then two fine bowlers-who-bat in Swann and Broad. Only Anderson in this side has no batting ability of note.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Have faith. Both Bopara and Bell avoided run-outs today, you never know, Shah might do the same.
On the subject of Bell, I thought the stat you provided about the late 40's being some sort of Bermuda triangle for the lad were astonishing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England want to wait for Harbhajan to bowl-out here then get the Powerplay ASAP.
I'd have thought so. Cricinfo were wondering when they'd take it. Obvious answers were:
1. Once Harby's bowled his 10
2. (hopefully) When Fred & Shah have had a look at the bowling

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harbhajan taken off with 1 over left, always find that very strange.

Hopefully he might bowl it at the other end now Yuvraj has finished.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Something fairly remarkable I've just spotted is that the top nine for England (presuming Swann bats ahead of Broad as he should) are all right-handers. Don't see that very often.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if england reach 210-220 with no further loss in 40 overs, they can really charge through the slog overs and post a really good total around 300 especially if flintoff is there till the end...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
if england reach 210-220 with no further loss in 40 overs, they can really charge through the slog overs and post a really good total around 300 especially if flintoff is there till the end...
These 2 would need to score at 11 an over for the next 4 overs to do that. I'm not convinced that'll happen.