• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bopara taking first strike, interesting. Wonder how often if ever he's opened the batting before in any serious cricket.

Patel to open the bowling again, Ishant Sharma to bowl first-change.

This prospect of a run-out is always there, of course.

Ball doing a decent bit first-up, wonder how long it'll last.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, it's a good decision in the sense that it's better that it was made than not made. Swann in for a batsman would have made far, far more sense though.
Dunno that it would, in one sense. While this team has just four front-line bowlers, which I'm not in favour of, none of the batsmen (apart from Prior who keeps wicket) deserve to be dropped, and it'd have been harsh to leave any of them out. Harmison, on the other hand, does.

Twice in the opening two overs the scheme is five dot-balls followed by four off the last.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Must say it's a bit disappointing to see Prior not open the batting as well, not because I think such a thing has a future, but because he's averaged 32.40 there since his recall and we now have yet another "inconclusive". I hope he might open (and fail) again later in the series.

Not like he's batted down the order for his county in OD cricket for a long while now either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
3rd over out of 4 with a four off the last delivery, disappointing with the number of balls that have carried through and moved away and beaten the edge.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
28 out of 36 in boundaries. Even in a Powerplay, that's pretty extreme.

Ishant Sharma on for, apparently, his first ODI bowl in India, which is ITSTL.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ishant Sharma's been woeful so far. OK, Rudra Pratap Singh would've been unlikely to have done better, but the decision to play Sharma looks a little questionable now.

61 off the last 7 overs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, how predictable is that, Bell out after getting a start. I was going to post along the lines of "time for Bell to get out now" but didn't on the basis that everything has to end somewhere.

Will just have a check in a mo and see how many times this has happened.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Rank bowling from the Indians. Too short and too wide, just bread and butter for Bell and Bopara.
Really good start here, hopefully KP comes in next.