• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Atleast England should get some batting momentum going, a powerful batting performance, even if they lose, should happen so as to give Dhoni the jitters and keep some confidence and face moving to the third one dayer.

That said, Pathan gets Bopara. End of story.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Atleast England should get some batting momentum going, a powerful batting performance, even if they lose, should happen so as to give Dhoni the jitters and keep some confidence and face moving to the third one dayer.

That said, Pathan gets Bopara. End of story.
Yep the story has been over since yuv's last over.

krkode

State Captain
Theoretically, England have a fairly deep tail what with Bopara at 8 and Broad at 9. But still, what's this...:unsure:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
doing what they are renowned for. Having a crap tail/ collapsing.
It's not a crap tail though, really, or it shouldn't be. Bopara is at 8, Broad at 9 and nobody would bat an eyelid if they were batting one place higher each. It's jsut a collapse, that's all. :(

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
It's not a crap tail though, really, or it shouldn't be. Bopara is at 8, Broad at 9 and nobody would bat an eyelid if they were batting one place higher each. It's jsut a collapse, that's all. :(
Yea i know. but eng is generally renowned for having a weak tail is what a i meant.

Like they say over here. A kangaroo use's its tail for balance while a lion uses his tail for cleaning his ass :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, you're right - I forgot the Tendulkar all-round exploits of the 90s too. He had a couple of good ones as well back then.

Haha, I remember he used to be classified as "Leg spin/Off spin/Medium pace". Ajantha Mendis beta version?:ph34r:
Haha yeah, though he had understandably laid off his medium pacers for quite a while. Was frustrated when I missed watching him bowl his medium pacers again during that series against SA in Ireland last year (?)

1998 was such a good year. He was smashing century after century against the Aussies. One game in Kochi, he was dismissed cheaply, but returned in the second innings to pick up a 5fer with the ball. The look on the Aussies' faces was to be seen to be believed. Why doesn't this guy leave us in peace for once!! :happy:

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Ooh, what if that one was missed!!! Surely England had a chance.
lol u really amuse me sometimes precamb. What if...
well how about this one then.

What if all of GIMH's predictions started coming true? this would be a very different series is a first one.

Precambrian

Banned
England will take their batting as one big positive from here. Better than last time. India has plenty to ponder, the form of their top order, the fragility of third pacer etc.

jondavluc

State Regular
hmm I wonder if anyone thought as they woke up this morning"hey I have a feeling that yuvi will not only do well he will be the whole india team" I know I didn't.Good job singh.