• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be surprised if Heal played 12th man in an OD fixture at one of the better spin surfaces in Australia, but I guess we'll see.
:laugh:

Interesting to see if Cooper gets a start for SA. Been in decent form from what I've seen in SA grade cricket and the CA Cup. Hopefully Borgas gets dropped and we Smith, Cooper, Klinger, Ferguson, Cosgrove, O'Brien batting line up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Interesting to see if Cooper gets a start for SA. Been in decent form from what I've seen in SA grade cricket and the CA Cup. Hopefully Borgas gets dropped and we Smith, Cooper, Klinger, Ferguson, Cosgrove, O'Brien batting line up.
Cooper played in their last Shield game IIRC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Border commenting on how Cooper would be nervous in his "First Class debut" despite the fact that this isn't a First Class game.. it wouldn't even be his debut if it was as he played the Shield game last week.

The commentators did the exact same thing just recently with another FRC debutant who had played Shield cricket before - don't actually remember who it was but it annoyed me then too. Get a clue if you're going to commentate FFS.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WA coach just saying on the broadcast that Marcus North is ahead of Heal on bowling alone in four-day cricket at the WACA. Nath to be throwing stuff at the TV if he's watching.

pup11

International Coach
WA coach just saying on the broadcast that Marcus North is ahead of Heal on bowling alone in four-day cricket at the WACA. Nath to be throwing stuff at the TV if he's watching.
The thing is... it's not wrong.
I love Moody. :)
I think that was really a harsh thing to say and that too in front of the camera, North is decent a offie but he isn't a better spinner than Heal, anyways good knock from Ferguson, liking the composure he has shown despite wickets falling from the other end, disappointed for Cosgrove, first game after his comeback and gets out for a second ball duck, things definitely going bad to worse for the big man.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that was really a harsh thing to say and that too in front of the camera, North is decent a offie but he isn't a better spinner than Heal, anyways good knock from Ferguson, liking the composure he has shown despite wickets falling from the other end, disappointed for Cosgrove, first game after his comeback and gets out for a second ball duck, things definitely going bad to worse for the big man.
Do you really think it was meant by Moody as an indictment of Heal's bowling? I give him more credit as a coach than that. It was actually a factually accurate comment on the role that North can and has played as a spinner for WA in FC games, and as unfortunate as it is for Heal it makes sense from a team selection point of view.