• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Oh hell yeah there was, it started at 9AM, both captains said they'd have fielded first, as the ball was expected to do a fair bit.

Not sure whether the pitch actually is slowing down or the bowling's just better (if there's any of the former the latter certainly outdoes it) but I don't think it could really have been predicted.
Indian bowlers are doing a good job. But English batsmen making it better.

Nothing wrong with the pitch demonstrated by the last four from Colly.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He's basically screwed though..

People will get annoyed if he makes a low score and say he's rubbish, even if he makes a decent score but fails to get to 3 figures, he'll be seen as failing to convert, and if he makes 100 it'll be no pressure.

Go Bell!
And that's pretty much what he did.

tbf he would be significantly less screwed if he (a) failed less often and (b) converted more often when he did make a start.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nick Knight, "this game isn't over!". :laugh: What a clown.
I'll never hold saying that against a commentator as I'm sure they're instructed to do exactly that. It's not like their employer would want them saying something like "It's all over now; you might as well watch something else."

I doubt Knight really believes there's still a game to be had but he has to say things like that to keep people watching.

Precambrian

Banned
I'll never hold saying that against a commentator as I'm sure they're instructed to do exactly that. It's not like their employer would want them saying something like "It's all over now; you might as well watch something else."

I doubt Knight really believes there's still a game to be had but he has to say things like that to keep people watching.
Does it really require the commentator to make people watch? Or will it do any effect?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Will Botham revise his Ashes comments post this match?
Never know - revising your comments about a Test series 8 months away on the basis of a ODI in a totally different part of The World would be utterly silly, same as his comments ITFP.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

No Nick Knight genuinely believes that. If David Lloyd was on he would say, "Start the car".

Knight = brown noser..

Dumbass dismissal from Colly, went fishing.