• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
Pomers. :thumbsup:

So good to watch.
Haha, was about to say the same thing, he is a bit similar to Sehwag for me, seems to do better in the longer form of the game as compared to the shorter form of the game, and i think that' because he plays all those expansive high risk shots and a lot of times he gets caught in the outfield in OD or T20 games, but with more attacking fields in the FC games i think he gets away with those sort of shots, anyways he is a superb talent and good to see him in such great form.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pomersbach is also like Slater, as an agressive player, but somehow fails in OD cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I seriously doubt it, myself. He's scored runs aplenty but has sure taken his time getting there. More importantly, he has batted with a style of attrition rather than having the presence to play at the top level and dominate. Should at least be in the debate, though, which is a huge leap forward already. Good on him, he's been very, very good.

Might be in with a shout of an Aus A match or tour though surely?
Yeah agree with this, I get the feeling the SACA coach has said we need to occupy the crease this year and Klinger has done this completely. He's a must on the next A Tour if he keeps up the form.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Good news for WA in 2nd XI comp with Josh Mangan scoring runs and taking wickets. They finally have a replacement for Hoggie that is decent with bat, bowl and in field. Three things Heal could never ever do.

pup11

International Coach
Good news for WA in 2nd XI comp with Josh Mangan scoring runs and taking wickets. They finally have a replacement for Hoggie that is decent with bat, bowl and in field. Three things Heal could never ever do.
So is this guy Mangan a chinaman bowler?

Anyways i think you are being a bit harsh on Heal, he may not be much of batter or fielder, but he is decent bowler, might not have performed really well in FC cricket, but in OD cricket after Hauritz, he has been the best spinner in Australia this season.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Aren't there problems with his accuracy? Or is that Hansberry?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mangan, originally Victorian, has had a few troubles in recent seasons, and can sometimes lose it a bit and have a horror spell. However, generally, is a super smart bowler with heaps of ability.

Hansberry is pretty Heal-esque, although has probably changed a bit since 19s.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mangan is a leg break bowler and does struggle with accuracy from time to time, but pretty good wicket taking option and more then handy lower order bat. Would go Mangan in FC and Heal in ODs. Though if Mangan can improve his accuracy he should could play ahead of Heal as an all rounder.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So is this guy Mangan a chinaman bowler?

Anyways i think you are being a bit harsh on Heal, he may not be much of batter or fielder, but he is decent bowler, might not have performed really well in FC cricket, but in OD cricket after Hauritz, he has been the best spinner in Australia this season.
I think he was just trying to rile Nath up. :p

Heal's improved heaps since about halfway through last season (or, perhaps more likely, I finally saw him bowl enough to recognise what Nath saw ages ago) - deserves a shot at First Class cricket if WA want to play a spinner.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Any talk on Heal being dropped from OD or 20/20 sides is pure insanity. Reckon he deserves his FC shot, whether he blows it or not I'm not sure. Was a bit unlucky with dropped catches against SA, but he can't afford any leeway atm.

howardj

International Coach
Chuffed for Mick Clinger this season.

I think it takes some courage to move to a new state and then, on top of that, excel as he has.

pup11

International Coach
Hodge to break Victoria games record

Kind of surprised nobody has talked about this yet, personally i think its a great feat by Hodge to play so many games for Victoria and be a consistent performer for the Bushrangers for all this while, though he would be terribly disappointed not to play more games than what he has managed to play for Australia so far.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hodge to break Victoria games record

Kind of surprised nobody has talked about this yet, personally i think its a great feat by Hodge to play so many games for Victoria and be a consistent performer for the Bushrangers for all this while, though he would be terribly disappointed not to play more games than what he has managed to play for Australia so far.
Think these are the types of records players don't like to get as it means they haven't played that much for their country.

pup11

International Coach
Think these are the types of records players don't like to get as it means they haven't played that much for their country.
I don't think Hodge can be blamed much for that, he has hardly done much wrong in the the shortish test career he has had so far, the selectors however saw Michael Clarke as a better long term option than him, so i guess Hodge can consider himself pretty unlucky there, but he has had his fair share of chances in ODI cricket but he has failed to live upto the expectations by and large despite playing a few good knocks now and again.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another 70 for Bailey, really really needs to start converting them into 100s. Well played from him all the same, especially considering how insipid the rest of the batsmen seemed to be.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Retravision Warriors

26 - Marcus North (Captain), 9 – David Bandy, 3 - Brett Dorey, 7 - Theo Doropoulos, 8 - Aaron Heal, 14 - Trent Kelly, 23 - Matt Johnston, 17 - Steve Magoffin, 20 - Shaun Marsh, 36 - Luke Pomersbach, 34 - Luke Ronchi, 32 - Adam Voges.

12th Man to be named on match day.

South Australia

7 - Graham Manou (Captain), 23 - Cameron Borgas, 26 - Tom Cooper, 99 - Mark Cosgrove, 6 - Dan Cullen, 12 - Callum Ferguson, 18 - Michael Klinger, 11 - Aaron O'Brien, 3 - Gary Putland, 19 - James Smith, 32 - Shaun Tait, 25 - Allan Wise.

12th Man to be named on match day.
Absolutely stoked to see Johnston get named for the Warriors again, even though he's the obvious 12th man barring injury (I'd almost play him over Kelly though); I've got a real soft spot for the bloke as he looks like a genuine all round prospect who has had an atrocious run of luck. A good reward for dominating WA grade this season. Also nice to have Stan Darsh back too, should be a quality game with Tait named as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely stoked to see Johnston get named for the Warriors again, even though he's the obvious 12th man barring injury (I'd almost play him over Kelly though); I've got a real soft spot for the bloke as he looks like a genuine all round prospect who has had an atrocious run of luck. A good reward for dominating WA grade this season. Also nice to have Stan Darsh back too, should be a quality game with Tait named as well.
Nah Heal for 12th Man. Wish it was the other Johnson. Hopefully Micheal gets over being preferred to such an average cricketer and moves to NSW, does Gilly in reserve.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Heal for 12th Man. Wish it was the other Johnson. Hopefully Micheal gets over being preferred to such an average cricketer and moves to NSW, does Gilly in reserve.
I'd be surprised if Heal played 12th man in an OD fixture at one of the better spin surfaces in Australia, but I guess we'll see.