• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What does everyone think of Travis Birt batting at number 6 in the OD comp?

He did well the other day, but I would really much prefer to see him at 3 or 4.

I doubt he'll play for Australia.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What does everyone think of Travis Birt batting at number 6 in the OD comp?

He did well the other day, but I would really much prefer to see him at 3 or 4.

I doubt he'll play for Australia.
Pretty pointless batting that low, not like he'll get a gig for Australia as a finisher when you have the likes of Symonds, Haddin and Watson in that area.. Have been a bit of a fan of his and hoping he'd eventually play for Australia, in ODIs at least, but doesn't seem likely now.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
If North was going to fail, today was a good day for it to happen. I took a bit of coin from another bookmaker on North to beat Voges. Love beating those guys.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson making runs for WA's second XI here in Canberra, shame as I was keen to head on down there but for work and exam preparation. Ronchi is going to need to make runs for WA today, especially in this position, or his spot is officially under threat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Casson are you disappointed with your batters this year?

On paper WA always looks terrific, but they rarely make big scores, usually it's just the one batter who contributes each innings, a bit of a worry I think.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Casson are you disappointed with your batters this year?

On paper WA always looks terrific, but they rarely make big scores, usually it's just the one batter who contributes each innings, a bit of a worry I think.
Somewhat disappointed, though it's hard to find fault with anyone in particular. I was hoping for more from Pomersbach; he's not good enough to be number three just yet, especially so because teams went out of their way to find countermeasures for him after he started cutting sick last year. Ronchi has been terrible, but he is horribly out of position opening the batting in ODs, so it's not a surprise. You might even say Voges has been disappointing, but the other side of the coin is that guys like Doropoulos are really starting to show some form. The top order has been shaky for longer than just this season, but the only thing that I'm disappointed by is the guys being used so woefully out of position. It's not good for the team and it's not fair on the player.

brockley

International Captain
Congrats wilf robinson hope a good state career ahead of him,would be a plus too he is an allrounder,you never know when we will need an extra one.