• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Good game from Usman, I think he's probably cemented himself in both teams this year.

Also, this might be the biggest load anyone has heard, but I got a mate who is the Bankstown loop and he is mates with a NSW 2nd XI cricketer called S. Keen. I was at his house earlier today and he said that Steve Smith was called by the Aussie selectors to 'keep things free' if White or Krezja got injured in India.

I don't buy it for one second mind you.

brockley

International Captain
Would make 1 change to the nsw side hazelton for henriques,then i would be pretty happy with the balance of the side,and then we can win some games,outright.
Dunno fitness of cameron and brakken but the injuries seem to be hanging on.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm drunk right now, but surely it has to be Hazlewood for ****ley if anyone, even though he took wickets...?

brockley

International Captain
Why whats henriques done in 3 games,what you have him in as a scorer or something.
****ley has taken a 3 for and a 5 for,you want us to bowl them out right,gee.
Yes and its hazelwood.

pup11

International Coach
I probably am wrong but last I heard Hazlewood was on the long injury list.
Isn't Hazlewood the same tall U-19 bloke who is tipped to be the next McGrath, so how does he bowl, is he anywhere near the great man in terms of the way he bowls?

howardj

International Coach
OK, time for some crystal ball gazing.

From my observations of the domestic scene, am quietly tipping huge futures for: Callum Ferguson, PJ Hughes and Moises Henriques.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Fair call on Hughes, and I don't know too much about Ferguson, but from your observations of the domestic scene, you surely can tell that thus far, Henriques hasn't done all that much of note.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair call on Hughes, and I don't know too much about Ferguson, but from your observations of the domestic scene, you surely can tell that thus far, Henriques hasn't done all that much of note.
He's still a very young man and has been talked up for ages. I reckon he'll come good.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
He's still a very young man and has been talked up for ages. I reckon he'll come good.
Understandable, but howard said from his 'observations' from the domestic scene. 90% of >22 year olds would of had some words of encouragement spoken about them. Henriques probably has had the most, enough for him to already make an Australian ODI squad, but he probably has been the most disappointing from the young ones. I think his average is around 15 or so and its probably unfair for anyone to comment on his bowling as he is injured.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
My crystal ball tells me that some talented and highly developed Victorian/ex-Victorian batsmen such as Quiney, Klingler, Birt and Jewell will score a blucket load of somes in a couple seasons. Then get over looked for higher hounors for players with less runs but so-called more potential from NSW.

(Y)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
My crystal ball tells me that some talented and highly developed Victorian/ex-Victorian batsmen such as Quiney, Klingler, Birt and Jewell will score a blucket load of somes in a couple seasons. Then get over looked for higher hounors for players with less runs but so-called more potential from NSW.

(Y)
Birt seems to be going nowhere though, and if Australia happen to need someone with his type of game, I think Pomersbach is ahead on points at the moment.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Heal fans should be happy with this:

WACA.com.au said:
The Retravision Warriors will take a squad of 13 to Adelaide for the Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield match against the South Australian Redbacks, beginning next Monday at the Adelaide Oval.

Pacemen Trent Kelly and Arron Crawford have been added to the team which were defeated by the Queensland Bulls in their last four day fixture, completed earlier this week at the WACA Ground. Ben Edmondson comes out of the team after suffering a groin injury during the Bulls encounter.

Crawford, who missed the Bulls clash after injuring his groin in the warm up on the opening day, faces a fitness test on Sunday to determine if he will be fit to take on the Redbacks. He will vie with Kelly and second gamer Paul Davis for two pace bowling spots, with left-arm spinner Aaron Heal set to play his first Shield match of the 2008-09 season.

The Redbacks named two debutantes for the match - batsman James Smith and fast bowler Gary Putland coming in at the expense of Younus Khan and Shaun Tait.

Tait has not been selected as a precautionary measure due to tightness in his left hamstring, while Younus has returned to Pakistan duties in Abu Dhabi.

The match will be broadcast live and in full on Sport FM 91.3, beginning from 9.00 on Monday morning.

Weet-Bix Sheffield Shield, Adelaide Oval, Monday 10 November to Thursday 13 November

Retravision Warriors

26 - Marcus North (Captain), 12 - Arron Crawford, 1 - Liam Davis, 19 - Paul Davis, 3 - Brett Dorey, 7 - Theo Doropoulos, 8 - Aaron Heal, 14 - Trent Kelly, 17 - Steve Magoffin, 36 - Luke Pomersbach, 22 - Wes Robinson, 34 - Luke Ronchi, 32 - Adam Voges.

Squad to be finalised.

South Australian Redbacks

Graham Manou (Captain), Cameron Borgas, Mark Cleary, Dan Cullen, Callum Ferguson, Peter George, Dan Harris, Michael Klinger, Aaron O'Brien, Gary Putland, James Smith, Allan Wise.

12th man to be named.
No Khan or Tait? Geez. Great chance for WA to walk away with another 6 points.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably a smart move to drop Tait if he has a tight left hamstring - not sure how he is supposed to bowl the way he does with one of those.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Birt seems to be going nowhere though, and if Australia happen to need someone with his type of game, I think Pomersbach is ahead on points at the moment.
Still reckon he is capable of putting together a couple massive seasons with the bat. Though he needs runs soon, or he might get dropped.

On Pomerbash would be surprised if he doesn't play Australia again at one point.