• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The obsession with Hauritz on this forum is nearly as dire as he is.
Haha, obsession? Are you high? There's been little to no discussion of him except in this thread, and even then it's been brief and related mainly to comments about him in actual ongoing matches, like most players get.

Not like there's a society about him, or a thread calling for his selection.

Poor form, Cribb. Poor form.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Got no problem with Hauritz getting a game while we have no pace attack. But isn't a wicket taking bowler in FC. He just doesn't ball enough wicket taking deliveries when batsmen aren't trying to attack.

As much I don't rate Cullen or Bailey. If they played for NSW with our current attack, I would play them ahead of Hauritz. Got more chance of taking wickets.

Hauritz bowled really well this innings, as good as he has over the last couple seasons. And well only took two wickets, no surprise why. He probably only bowled two wicket taking deliveries or the batsmen were looking to press and attack.

howardj

International Coach
PJ Hughes Watch:

86 yesterday.

Tipping him to roar past Jaques and be next in line to replace Bully Boy Haydos.

howardj

International Coach
He's about the 1st player since the tidal wave of Hayden, Slater, Ponting, Martyn, Langer etc to be piling on runs at Shield level before turning 22/23. Presumably will be left to bake in the Shield oven for the next two years, before emerging as a crisp, ready-made international serving.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's about the 1st player since the tidal wave of Hayden, Slater, Ponting, Martyn, Langer etc to be piling on runs at Shield level before turning 22/23. Presumably will be left to bake in the Shield oven for the next two years, before emerging as a crisp, ready-made international serving.
haha, that's goooood Hughes!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I won on Forrest but lost all my Melbourne Cup bets. Still think I'm slightly ahead overall.
Slightly ahead is always good.

Forrest was my other bet thanks to you.

I've just put some money on George Bailey $1,85 to score more Ford Ranger Runs then Dan Marsh $1.95.

Marsh 103 vs Bailey 97 from 3 matches, 2 innings each.

Any Shield bets going up Casson?

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Slightly ahead is always good.

Forrest was my other bet thanks to you.

I've just put some money on George Bailey $1,85 to score more Ford Ranger Runs then Dan Marsh $1.95.

Marsh 103 vs Bailey 97 from 3 matches, 2 innings each.
Saw that, didn't realise it was you. Consider yourself marked. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Saw that, didn't realise it was you. Consider yourself marked. :p
:laugh:

Here's a few Shield bets I would like to see..

Marcus North 184 vs George Bailey 165

Callum Ferguson 191 vs Adam Voges 113.

Ryan Broad 219 vs Rob Quiney 189.

Chris Rogers 301 vs Phil Hughes 289

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah wasn't sure what to do with the Shield, I'd love to do it but there has been even less interest on that than the FRC. I'll do it if you like though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know how long our injuried players; Jaques, Bracken and Cameron. Are actually injuried for. Getting mixed reports all over the place.

Decent effort by all the batsmen to get us that draw. Mosies in runs finally as well.

Holland seems to look half decent, but get the feeling he is going to be one of those spinners that once batsmen pay more attention to him/work him out. He will be bit toothless, like most of spinners in Australia. Lacks a bit of a x-factor.