• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice signing w/ Rhyce Shaw. And where will Ryan O'Keefe end up because of his contract dilemmas?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I think Rhyce is a great pick up for Sydney - esp. as it only cost them a downgrade of their third round pick to a fourth round. What he'll bring to the team should more than make up for the difference in the quality of the kid you get at pick 60 rather than 46 or whatever it was - especially as the draft really does become much more of a lottery from pick 20 on.

A lot of Pies fans hate Rhyce and he does have some major drawbacks as a player, but he also has some very good points and is definitely an AFL standard player. If he hadn't wanted to leave, I'd be disappointed we got so little for him, but given he wanted a fresh start, glad we at least got a pick upgrade. And Sydney should be a good environment for him to produce his best football.

That said, anything that shakes up the rat-pack at the Pies a bit and hopefully makes the rest of that little group get their act together and focus more is a good thing.

Reckon O'Keefe will still be a Swan next year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Of to the international rules tonight, hoping for a good show from Boomer and Matty Campbell in particular, but i'm going with about 15 irish lads so might have to keep my support levels down a bit

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Couldn't care less about internatational rules, waste of time now that they've taken the biff out of it.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Would you look at that, Collingwood have to travel the least, never saw it coming.:dry:

6 Melbourne games for us, will try to make all of those, been ages since I've been to the footy. We only get the 1 Friday night game too.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
win a game and it might change.

I Rules is dead as far as i'm concerned.

Anyone here a keen draft follower?
Will be having a look on the day, hoping somehow Sidebottom slides down to pick 11, but his form in the TAC GF will have made that unlikely...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully we'll pick a midfielder, one of the better ones should slide to us (Sidebottom, zeibel, blease, hartlett) will be spewing if we take Mckernan, could probably accept us taking Hurley though

Status
Not open for further replies.