• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Rogers back in good touch...

Does anyone think Vics will win all 3 titles this season?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Symonds still in good touch (y) 8|

Seems Hauritz has bowled well today, 2-67 from 23 on a day where 300 runs were scored isn't bad.

Johnners

According to my sources (Mr Casson) Noffke is out because of his back. Moller can't be far away from being dropped, think he's only made double figures once this season in both forms.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoever is responsible for Rogers leaving WA should be sacked. Madness that we could have stuck with Ronchi at the top of the order at the expense of someone of Rogers' class.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Bloody SA..probely going to lose noww, after TAS were 6-76, now their 6-140, bloody Geeves not out

Do SA want to lose their games or something?

Mister Wright

You usually see some sort of partnership develop after a collapse of that proportion. Unless of course South Australia or Queensland are batting.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
WA!!!!!

If you can ignore the rain, which is admittedly a difficult thing to do after sitting around for three hours just to watch the bloody game start, this was another tremendous advertisement for the Ford Ranga. Just about every game comes down to the last over; even that flop of a game between NSW and SA came down to the last over with SA pinching 11 off it to get up. Fantastic competition to watch imo, just such a shame that Fox Sports dogs it a little bit by refusing to show more than one live game of cricket even when there's nothing else on and they have three channels to dedicate.

Hugely impressed with Dropper's improvement this season too, obviously been working hard on his golf game while at the academy based on some of the shots he's played so far this year. Seems like a great bloke too, maybe another dark horse for Australian ODI honours at some stage in his career?

And FWIW, I didn't think Ronchi was too bad today; he got caught in two minds with the shot he got out to (a daft little push to cover for those who couldn't watch it), but I reckon that's largely the result of the attention focused on his current form. He was playing pretty well before that, looked aggressive but natural, and it was only when he tried to check that that he got himself out.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hugely impressed with Dropper's improvement this season too, obviously been working hard on his golf game while at the academy based on some of the shots he's played so far this year. Seems like a great bloke too, maybe another dark horse for Australian ODI honours at some stage in his career?
Invers called him the best young talent he's seen in ages I'm pretty sure. One of the best prospects to come out of Hale in years.

And FWIW, I didn't think Ronchi was too bad today; he got caught in two minds with the shot he got out to (a daft little push to cover for those who couldn't watch it), but I reckon that's largely the result of the attention focused on his current form. He was playing pretty well before that, looked aggressive but natural, and it was only when he tried to check that that he got himself out.
He shouldn't be opening any more. They have to realise it is a failed experiment. Yeah - he makes runs on the odd occasion; but for every ton there are five failures where he puts us in a world of trouble.

brockley

International Captain
NSW line up looking better on paper,1 cchange a pace bowler for moises,so brakken and cmaeron in over he and ****ley,if they still out hazelwood and ****ley.
I think we just have to be realistic no instant miracles,to injuries, katich ,jaques and bolliger in india and nicho and mcagill retired.
Hard season for us but we have some nice names their just patience needed.
We have lost the whole shield final side justabout.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
He shouldn't be opening any more. They have to realise it is a failed experiment. Yeah - he makes runs on the odd occasion; but for every ton there are five failures where he puts us in a world of trouble.
Should drop Ronchi for Micheal Johnson imo.
Not sure I totally disagree with this, but I'm not sure what it could possibly do for Ronchi's game. He definitely shouldn't be opening, but he'd be great in Dropper's spot at number six. Dropper can move up a spot, and that wouldn't be a wholly bad thing either because he's shown the ability to build an innings as well as hit the lusty blows. I would like to see Johnson getting a game at some stage though, he seems to be coming along pretty well. The problem would be when he and Matt Johnston are playing in the same team; Damien Fleming would have an absolute 'mare.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The problem would be when he and Matt Johnston are playing in the same team; Damien Fleming would have an absolute 'mare.
"Mitchell Johnson bowls and Trent Johnson hit the ball to point, where Matt Johnson fields. They go for a second and throw comes in to Micheal Johnson. Johnson takes off the bails and it likes Johnson safe." :laugh:

Would be even funnier if there was Johnson playing for another state and not the former Irish captain and NSW quick.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Mitchell Johnson bowls and Trent Johnson hit the ball to point, where Matt Johnson fields. They go for a second and throw comes in to Micheal Johnson. Johnson takes off the bails and it likes Johnson safe." :laugh:

Would be even funnier if there was Johnson playing for another state and not the former Irish captain and NSW quick.
Feel like I'm watching Blazing Saddles.