• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

99*

International Debutant
Hamilton!

Almost feel sorry for Massa. Race was well worth staying up all night to watch. Was so disgusted when Vettel got away from Hamilton before the last corner. Then watching Lewis passing Glock and the reaction of the Ferrari crew when told Lewis did it. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just caught the last 4-5 laps on TV in the hospital (visiting my sister) with a doctor skiving off for a few minutes there as well.

Absolutely awesome finish. Hamilton deserved it - wouldn't have even reached the last race without the ****wit stewards.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Brilliant race. Last time I remember watching something that exciting sport wise was RWC 2003. Hamilton is so gun.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
That was mind-blowing tension. Watched it in the pub and was convinced Hamilton had lost it at numerous points over the last few laps. Incredible finish, feel so sorry for Massa having done all he could and still lost - especially given that his dip**** pit crew appeared to have told him he'd already won the title before the race had finished.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
What a finish. I was actually jumping up and down when i saw Hamilton take Glock at the end. Trust me when i say thats not normal for me as im normally very reserved even on my own.

Awesome stuff. I love F1, for me the politics in it actually make it much more fun to watch. As for Hamilton seeming arrogant, well the fact is he is. But so what, Schumacher the greatest of them all was an arrogant tosser too when he got out on the track. To be fair the way F1 is structured you pretty much have to look out for no1 if you want to get anywhere.

We admire arrogance in none British sportsmen/women and see it as self confidence and the 'will to win' and moan how few British sportspeople have that. Then when one comes along and shows that will and determination to win at all costs he gets called arrogant and not worthy. Meh! (Andy Murray is similar, although he could do with smiling a bit the moody git :P). Its the same problem when people compare the 'meek' English cricket team to the great Australians, but when we start showing the same sort of confidence they all got slated as too aggressive! :blink:

Well done Hamilton, although watching Massa cry at the end, you really had to feel for him. He must have felt like he let down 190-odd million Brazilians not just himself. Not a good place to be. :@

Although i have no sympathy for Ferrari, never liked them and never will! :ph34r:

Johnners

So ghey that I didn't get to see this, was on at 3:30am QLD time :(

Awesome that Hamilton won though, hate Ferrari.

social

Tbf, that was exciting stuff

In this race, Hamilton must've been the luckiest bastard on the planet - completely outdriven by Massa and, most tellingly, Vettel but the racing Gods gifted him 5th place to take the championship.

Anyway, it was a long season and he scored the most points, so the right guy won in the end but one wonders what the impact of a second consecutive massive choke would've been on him had fate not intervened

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
So ghey that I didn't get to see this, was on at 3:30am QLD time :(

Awesome that Hamilton won though, hate Ferrari.
Taped it and watched it this morning. So devo for Massa. Really wanted him to win it. Can't help but wonder what would have happened if his engine didn't blow up in Turkey.

On the other hand, Hamilton was ****ed around by the stewards all year and it wouldn't have been right for him to have zero championships after the past two years, even if I dislike the guy.

It was a great championship all year though. Excellent finish.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hamilton all over every newspaper this morning, well played sunshine. Could become the first Brit to win multiple titles since...without looking I'd guess Jackie Stewart?

Days of Grace

International Captain
Why is Hamilton seemed as arrogant.

I have seen many interviews with him and he never comes across as arrogant to me.

Matteh

Hamilton all over every newspaper this morning, well played sunshine. Could become the first Brit to win multiple titles since...without looking I'd guess Jackie Stewart?
Contrary to many official sources, Damon Hill did win in 1994.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Contrary to many official sources, Damon Hill did win in 1994.
:D

Were you a fan of Hill? I loved the guy. My interest in F1 waned when he retired. Picked up when watching a US GP one year, don't think it was a particularly exciting race I jsut remembered that I enjoyed watching it, but I've never hit the peaks of when Hill was racing and I would get up and watch every race, qualifying sessions, the lot