• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Does Henriques deserve to be in the team?

I don't think he should of bowled, nonetheless, his batting has been rather poor.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Nick Kruger in any sort of form? Actually, more to the point, is ANYONE in QLD apart from Broad & Carseldine (and perhaps Perren) in any sort of form?
Kruger has had a pretty poor season in grade. A few failures and a lot of starts. Hit 55 yesterday. Reardon's having a great season though.

Wouldn't mind Love and Broad at the top with Perren and Carseldine at 3 and 4.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hartley's in much better form this season. 2 half centuries from 3 games.

Great to see QLD in such a good position. Century from Broad, Hartley in the runs, also Noffke, and to have W.A. 1 down is awesome also. Hopefully we can turn the 2 points into 6.

Johnners

Looks like South Australias batting is going to revolve around a Klinger 50-150, Ferguson 20-50 and another 30-70 from Manou all season 8|

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cullen dropped by the looks of it.
Yeh, for Shane George apparently, despite not being in the state squad for at least 5 years now.

Either that or Cricinfo has gotten it wrong and they've actually picked Peter George, a current squad member......

Interesting move to pick a young quick. Surprised that he's at the head of queue although he's been good in grade cricket for a while.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it's Peter George, Dan Cullen is playing in the Second XI against QAS currently.

Ferguson 55* at the moment, would be great if he can manage three figures, seems like a popular player on here..Klinger is so gun.

Johnners

Noffke!! (y)

EDIT: Nice of me to jinx Ferguson :(

Ah well, 65 is at least progress from 20-40

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol ferguson

"I look good but generally suck"
Yeah that's it, looks good in the nets. He was in the state squad when he around 16-17 and was largely on the back of how he 'looked'. Come to think of it, I don't think he's ever had more than a solid season at grade level. Certainly don't think he's ever been a Bradman Medal contender.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Your opinion is worthless then.

In unrelated news, Queensland are looking at an upset, barring a typical late-order tail wag after Noffke and Harris have bowled themselves to death.

Johnners

Nah, he'll do it.

EDIT: Hah! How long is SAs tail if Tait is at 9 8-|

Last edited:

Johnners

Good thing he's on earth then (face)

Nah, look, he most likely won't, will be stoked if he does though.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Looks like South Australias batting is going to revolve around a Klinger 50-150, Ferguson 20-50 and another 30-70 from Manou all season 8|
I agree, O'brien is scoring some runs down the order thou, get Plant out..bloody hell..christian injured, put Borgas or Cosgrove or Cooper or some other youngster in..instead of that himm.

Yeah klinger is looking good, nice to see Ferguson get a 65..he has talent, nice to see our import from Pak amungst the runs....:dry: Most of the SA batsmen are good on the day..but I mean you have to be more consistant at this level.

Lets hope they can bowl better.. See they have George playing

Mister Wright

Wonderful for Queensland to pick up the 6 points. Some great positives to come out of the match also. Broad and Hartley in the runs, and Noffke continuing on from last season, and Harris proving a good foil (and buy). :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Boyce got a start for QAS, along with Doran. Both are struggling though. Craig McDermott's son also playing i think. Struggling as well.