• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Benaud

Banned
Recall someone mentioning QLD having quite a good teenage spinner in the ranks, anyone know anything about him (name, age, off/leg spin)?
Yeah Cam Boyce I mentioned him. He will play for Australia.

I have no idea why QLD persist with Doran. He's taken a miserable 35 wickets in 24 matches @ 53.

Agree Clapo, you should be a selector. Def not Doran though, Sullivan worth a shot, or even another batter. We should be right with Noffke, Swan, Harris, Hopes and Symonds.
He's been given enough of a shot imo. In his 9 Shield matches he's played he's managed just 15 wickets @ 63 with an economy rate nearing 5.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Sullivan is your stereotypical fast bowler at first glimpse. Tall, lean, good action. Bowls a terrible length though.

Neither Simpson or Maher have wanted to bowl Doran so why pick him to bat at eleven? Even Ryan Le Loux would be better. At least the **** can score runs.

Carseldine is just about the best bat in the state though. Get him in there ASAP.

Craig

World Traveller
If that was a Test match, then the match referee would have liked to have had a chat to Nannes.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't it Shane Harwood who did the paintball thing? I just read an article on it.
It was, and there was nothing in it. From what I heard, the Vics had a promise that if they won they were going paintballing. I really don't see what the problem is, he was just adding a bit of flair. No swearing, no abuse, just a bit of good humour. Care for some storm with your teacup?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
11.Doran/whoever
I'd just pick another bat, particularly at home when one will almost certainly be needed. Sullivan and Laughlin aren't better bowlers than Hopes in all seriousness. I guess I'd retain Simpson on that basis or pick someone like Le Loux as mentioned, mainly to play as a batsman and possibly send down a few overs as variation.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd just pick another bat, particularly at home when one will almost certainly be needed. Sullivan and Laughlin aren't better bowlers than Hopes in all seriousness. I guess I'd retain Simpson on that basis or pick someone like Le Loux as mentioned, mainly to play as a batsman and possibly send down a few overs as variation.
I guess the reason I left Doran there for time being is that the guy has hardly had a chance to prove himself. He's basically always been the last option, which is hardly the ideal situation for a spinner trying to make their name in FC. Set batsmen, sometimes chasing quick runs, the blokes hardly got a chance, especially when his confidence is pretty much going to be at rock bottom due to the way the captain treats him anyway. IIRC, the season before last, Maher actually gave Doran a proper spell against Victoria (or it may have been WA), and he gave a decent showing, picked up a few top order wickets. Since then though, he's been treated like ****, and has hardly been given a chance to improve at FC level.

That being said, on QLD pitches especially, Le Loux & Simspon obviously are going to be better options if they're to be used as change-up bowlers.

Julian87

State Captain
Thornely the destroyer. Not a great start of Younis Kahn.

O'Brien to stand up against his former team hopefully.

Julian87

State Captain
I don't think cricket.com.au nis good for it at all considering cricinfo had the latest scorecard and not ca.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Callum Ferguson, in a blazing display of attacking batting, brings SA's run-rate above 3-per-over. Wow, 200 in the day here we come.....

EDIT: ....and then gets out to Hauritz. Geez.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Can someone tell me what the hell is Beau Casson doing in the NSW side if he isn't going to bowl any ****in' overs, in the last FC game that NSW played there also he bowled around 10-12 overs in the game which is pretty lame imo, how the hell do Aussie selectors hope to improve their spin stocks when the spinners aren't going to be given a fair run in FC games despite being picked, its better they pick a seamer ahead of a spinner rather that put up this charade of picking a spinner just for the sake of it.