• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Well, there goes that experiment. I hope they calm the **** down now. Was never going to be a particularly good idea IMO, regardless of how good it actually "looked" as it lasted.
I don't know what Katich was trying to do by matching Hayden shot for shot, we are in so much trouble in this test now, but still i won't advise them to go into their shells.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Katich was our main hope. All over now. Outdid my 1 down by tea prediction.
It's not over while the Huss is still at the crease.

To put it another way, if the roles were reversed you'd be scared to say something like that :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know what Katich was trying to do by matching Hayden shot for shot, we are in so much trouble in this test now, but still i won't advise them to go into their shells.
It's important to remain positive with your footwork or you just end up a walking wicket. Playing shots is completely immaterial though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ABC reporting words between Zaheer & Haydos. Anything in it?

Ridiculous batting from teh openers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So glad they picked Katich ahead of Jaques. Deadset worst selectors. Still upset that we've lost, but at least that will mean a review of what have been the most ridiculous selections I can remember.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
So glad they picked Katich ahead of Jaques. Deadset worst selectors. Still upset that we've lost, but at least that will mean a review of what have been the most ridiculous selections I can remember.
To be fair Jaques was injured and couldn't play the warm-up and now he's been sent home because of it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given Jaques has gone home with the same back injury that he missed the tour games before the series with, I don't think he would have been able to play anyway.

EDIT: Beaten.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To be fair Jaques was injured and couldn't play the warm-up and now he's been sent home because of it.
Given Jaques has gone home with the same back injury that he missed the tour games before the series with, I don't think he would have been able to play anyway.

EDIT: Beaten.
He didn't miss the warm-ups because of the injury though. Apparently it occured after them. Not saying he wouldn't have still picked it up, but being dropped and working harder to get back in couldn't have helped.