• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was an intriguing battle between Johnson and Sehwag in the last period of play there, and I can't take Shane Watson seriously at all. Something about him makes me want to laugh.
Nothing particularly funny about his bowling, can he bring the ball back into the left handers or does everything just go dead straight on the angle?

Disappointing to see him fail with the bat, much better batsman than his feeble dismissal suggested. Sort of thing you expect Cam White to do...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Was seriously surprised when people were excited about us making 430. Our bowling will conceed more, without a shadow of a doubt.

Bracken to replace White as the all-rounder, ftw. Hussey was superb. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf to Viru, Haddin didn't play in Sydney.
Good pick up :)

Actually thought, after a shakey start, today was Haddin's best effort with the bat. He did try to knuckle down after his early nerves and his partnership with Hussey could be very important in the context of this game.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else think Watson looks scared at the batting crease? Not physically scared but worried about what's going to happen. You can almost sense his apprehension when he comes in at this level. I hope he kicks on but I think he's got some cob webs to clear in his head.
That's one of his problems. The others are technical or more specifically a well-developed, heavily-coached but, ultimately, inflexible technique. If the bowlers don't bowl in his strong areas, he's basically just not going to score. This is a mental block too.

Not just his batting but bowling too. He's been heavily-coached into the bowler we see before us but seems to bowl the same line-and-length/trajectory/crease position all the time. Considering his injury history, it's no surprise he'd do that and during the IPL he showed some signs of varying his bowling a bit. Has all the physical capabilities to be a top-level cricketer but shows distinct lack of a Plan B in both his bowling and batting (although there are signs this is changing a bit).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Actually thought, after a shakey start, today was Haddin's best effort with the bat. He did try to knuckle down after his early nerves and his partnership with Hussey could be very important in the context of this game.
Still has a tendancy to waft at ridiculously wide ones though, but I agree that it was encouraging.

pup11

International Coach

Haddin is gun and only a player of Gilchrist' caliber could have kept him out of this Australian side, but now that he has finally got a chance i hope he does justice to the kind of ability he has, and today's knock of his despite the jittery initial start, was big step towards that.

pup11

International Coach
Figured that out mate, but was more interested in the "Give them a T20 or an ODI and......" part.
I was about the general cricket watching spectators of India, how they flock into the stadiums for a T20 or and ODI, but even for high profile test series between India and Australia more than half of the stadium was empty, which imo is pretty dire.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I was about the general cricket watching spectators of India, how they flock into the stadiums for a T20 or and ODI, but even for high profile test series between India and Australia more than half of the stadium was empty, which imo is pretty dire.
Why the them. Why not us?

pup11

International Coach
I think Aussies are ahead, despite the Indian opening partnership. When Viru falls, our RR will plummet.
But he won't just fall, the bowlers would have to work out some innovative plans, if i was Ponting i would ask Johnson or Lee to try to bowl at his ribs and have a leg-slip and a short leg (and then hope for the best), normal stuff ain't gonna work with him.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate it's a weekday and Dasara/Navratri excuses them for the poor turnout yesterday. Crowds will be better tommorow.

pup11

International Coach
Mate it's a weekday and Dasara/Navratri excuses them for the poor turnout yesterday. Crowds will be better tommorow.
I hope that's the case, because its just a shame to see empty stands despite such high class test cricket on show.