• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
FFS would someone shut this **** up...

Don't think you've added to this thread in any way at all.

Any who back to the game, would say Aussies are slightly in front. Gun knock from Punter showing his class. Predicting another 3-4 centuries this series from him. I think we'll get around 450 which should make this game fairly interesting. Think White got the gig as he is more of a defensive option than Krejza. He'll be hoping he can tie up an end whilst the pacemen recover. Am thinking a drawn test is the likely result at this early stage unless the pitch crumbles badly.
Ok you go ahead and add some value to the thread then with some of your glorified ****ing bull****. *showing middle-finger*

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree it's even Stevens but disagree 400 is par score. 350+ should be the aim from here, the pitch played well initially but is starting to get worse fairly quickly, some balls going through the top already.
A couple of balls really misbehaved so you'd have to think it's only going to get worse

However, given that Oz was 2 for a lot and have one of the longest batting orders that we've ever fielded, I'd say that they'd be extremely disappointed if they didnt reach at least 450

Son Of Coco

People actually think i'm that worried about which state players represent? Couldn't care less if truth be told. Sure i have my favourites and im not denying that im advocate of Cam White's batting talents.
Dammit, you didn't even pick me up for being factually incorrect!

pup11

International Coach
tbh sick of his bitching about our selection, be it Krejza or White. And advocating Casson without providing any kind of arguement. If it was once i could handle but its been a constant from my readings of the last week.
I would write whatever **** i wish to, if you have a problem with that go **** yourself up, i don't give a ****ing **** about a ****ing moron like you.

ret

International Debutant
the two quicks are bowling well .... would have liked a 3rd seamer too as when one of these two tire out, Ind has no quality pace back up and then it will have to rely mostly on spin on the first day 8-) .... the fielding needs to pull up its socks
that^ sums up the day .... was easy to see the Australians getting in a comfortable position on the Ist day by looking at the Indian bowling line up [2 pacers + 2 spinners combo = foolish strategy, unless the spinners are Warne and Murali or the pitch is an absolute turner]

Bhajji and Kumble:
52 overs, 155 runs, 1 wkts 8-)

good to see Ponting make the most of this .... India chances lie tomorrow in the first session, if the quicks can make a few dents to the OZ line up early on

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I would write whatever **** i wish to, if you have a problem with that go **** yourself up, i don't give a ****ing **** about a ****ing moron like you.
Another top quality post, keep them flowing champ.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Depends on Watson.
So Watson and White ton up tomorrow, we make 550. India bat, pile on the runs make 6/400 odd declared, White the catalyst of India's high score conceding 120 off 20 for example. Does he keep his place on his batting or do we replace him with Krejza to perform the bowling role?

Johnners

It can be overstated when it's taken to mean that the guy can't play spin or can't play in subcontinental conditions.

Ponting had a terrible series (in fact, two pretty bad ones), but it was 7 years ago and he hasn't played a test of note in India since he really came of age as a test batsman, until today. It was overstated because people took it to mean far too much about him as a player.

Obviously it was a significant blemish, though.
AWTA

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Excellent job by Ponting. He was under a lot of pressure, and he came out with flying colors. I suspected he'd correct his record, and he just went a long way towards doing that. Great job. Now if he can make some runs when the pitches are spinning, I think we can close the matter.

In terms of the game, I think Australia are ahead at this point by quite a bit. Runs on the board always matter and India will be batting last (a scenario they don't normally enjoy regardless of the pitch). I think if India somehow get them out for less than 400, it'll be a massive victory. Australia should obviously go for 500+.