• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, JackPot's first encounter with the Cricketwebenese acronym dialect. You'll get used to it soon enough.

brockley

International Captain
Should have flown in jack mcnamara to replace mcgain,jack would have been playing today if he did:dry:
BTW VIC hows that irish heritage thingy going,found a european passport yet we want to see you in county cricket next year8-)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, Ponting has called it right and obviously will bat. Let's see how India does. It looks to be a great batting track right now, unfortunately too good and it'll be a draw.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And White gets the gig. Worst possible choice, IMO.
Considering he'll bat at 8, anything less than 500 now would be a real let-down. They'll ned heaps to compensate for his bowling.

Dire choice, though.

EDIT: It sucks that a bloke who was plucked out of obscurity (Krejza) misses out, really. He must be thinking whether there was even a point to coming along if the incumbent gets injured but they fly someone else in, especially when the other guy has barely bowled in FC cricket for ages.

Confusing and destabilising selection is worse than a gamble which fails, I reckon.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Considering he'll bat at 8, anything less than 500 now would be a real let-down. They'll ned heaps to compensate for his bowling.

Dire choice, though.
a couple of centuries atleast or a big hundred, double hundred is up for grabs here

inbox24

International Debutant
Right choice to pick White, even though he's nothing with the ball at least we have some extra batting. Krejza would have been even worse with not batting.

Does anyone know when the ABC Grandstand coverage will start?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone got a radio link for this? Actually frothing at the mouth at the thought of this, bought myself some two minute noodles so I don't have to go out for lunch today. Almost ran back from class.

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
So would the lower order be...

Watson
Haddin
White
Lee
Johnson
Clark

Or would White bat above Haddin? Johnson has to be the best number 10 around, Test av of 33 but I'm sure that should drop over the season.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone got a radio link for this? Actually frothing at the mouth at the thought of this, bought myself some two minute noodles so I don't have to go out for lunch today. Almost ran back from class.
Doesn't ABC generally do these online?