• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
For all his potential and the hype that surrounds him, people are forgetting one thing about Ishant - the guy still hasnt worked out how to take wickets at test level

To me, he looks like an early career Jason Gillespie - looks great but, on most occasions, simply bowls the wrong length to get people out

This will be an important series for him

Does he start living up to his potential or does India have a Sami on their hands
if you see all his wickets have been of crucial batsman and the best batsman of the opposing team,in india the spinners take the tailenders so it may seem that he is not taking a lot of wickets ,but really be it against australia,south africa,srilanka
he has taken the top order wickets and his length is fine ,in australia he pitched in up
while in subcontinent he is short of length which is perfect and his co ntrol is amazing for a 19 yearold i can say of the young fast bowlers i have seen he has the best control of
line.and comparing him to sami is a joke,sami never had movement or control.

bryce

International Regular
Lol yeah well it's a no-brainer really, plus there's plenty of cricket-mad Indians' here

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
A few years back, White was the hopeful successor to Warne.
His bowling probably went down hill from there, but he has potential and I hope he can be a long term prospect for Australia again. If he focuses on his bowling, knowing he is a real chance to be in the team for 10+ years I can see him averaging 33 with an er of 2.02. Which is all we need really :) :)

bryce

International Regular
AIf he focuses on his bowling, knowing he is a real chance to be in the team for 10+ years I can see him averaging 33 with an er of 2.02. Which is all we need really :) :)
:blink:
I'd be no less than absolutely astounded if White's Test bowling RPO went anything below below 3. Can I ask, are you in touch with the modern Test cricketing world?

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Anyone who has fox sports Inside Cricket is on now, showing Highlights of Aus in India 2001

Didn't realise the PM sent Bhaji a letter congratulating him on his hattrick

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Starting to get pumped, well and truly Cricket season for us Aussies now. Most have started club cricket, our domestic season starts tomorrow and this is our first series of our summer. So pumped.

does anyone know if this is being broadcast on abc radio?
Yes, it will be covered by the ABC Broadcasting team.