• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Its funny that Ponting wants the Indians to take the word of the fielder in case of a close catch decision when he can't take the word of the third umpire:laugh: :laugh:
http://blogs.cricinfo.com/thebuzz/
Tbf to Ponting he was just inquiring with the on-field umpires that why hasn't the 3rd umpire made any decision, and having seen the replays of this particular incident, i thought Yuvraj didn't ground his bat in time and should have been given out.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf to Ponting he was just inquiring with the on-field umpires that why hasn't the 3rd umpire made any decision, and having seen the replays of this particular incident, i thought Yuvraj didn't ground his bat in time and should have been given out.
Sorry, we don't do that around here. Cease immediately or stand accused of excessive balance.

pup11

International Coach
Though, I am still waiting to hear a good explanation of why Australia are better off with a spinner than without. Other than, 'Well, he might take 10 wickets on a crumbler.' That, to me, doesn't make sense because if the pitch is that bad, then Michael Clarke and others can do it, and if its not that bad, the spinner won't be effective no matter who it is.
I think the first problem in playing an all pace attack is that over-rate would go down terribly, and there is a very real chance of the fast bowlers breaking down with that sort of workload in testing conditions like the one's they are gonna encounter in India, Clarke or Katich can only be seen as partnership breakers at best of times, but to expect them to bowl longish spells and keep things tight is pretty unrealistic imo.

You need a spinner in sub-continental conditions, but its just Australia's luck that their spin options are limited to dire spinners like Krejza and White.

pup11

International Coach
Breaking News!!!

Krejza getting smashed..again!
:yawn:

I don't think that's news at all, him taking a wicket or looking dangerous would be more of breaking news for me.

Aussies just going through the motions atm, and hoping the BP XI would declare sooner than later.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
If you ask me BP XI should just look to bat out the entire day...the result of this match hardly matters.Whilst there is everything to be gained by denying the aussies another batting chance.

pup11

International Coach
I mean the worst thing about Krejza has been that whenever a batsmen has felt like tonking him, they have done it with ease and with minimal risk.

pup11

International Coach
If you ask me BP XI should just look to bat out the entire day...the result of this match hardly matters.Whilst there is everything to be gained by denying the aussies another batting chance.
If BP XI are able to beat Australia or able to put the batting under any sort of pressure then that would really dent the Aussie moral going into the first test, as things have been through this game, Aussies have been a distant second best to BP XI in every aspect of the game, so from an Indian POV they should be looking to dent the confidence of the Aussie side even further.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
^yeah but there are varoius means of doing the same thing.I mean,all this good work will be for nought if the aussie batsmen end up getting back into form(and drawing the game without getting anywhere near the target).OTOH,if we deny themthe oppotunity to bat again..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^yeah but there are varoius means of doing the same thing.I mean,all this good work will be for nought if the aussie batsmen end up getting back into form(and drawing the game without getting anywhere near the target).OTOH,if we deny themthe oppotunity to bat again..
I agree

Tire the bowlers out and dont let Hayden, in particular, get an opportunity to get into form

Krezja is being absolutely hammered by two guys who have been nothing more than average at test level in Jaffer and Yuvraj.

Why is POnting continuing to bowl him ? He doesn'tw want his other bowlers bowling on this flat pitch ?
He wants to prove a point to the selectors for picking Krejza....

Take the guy off....he's being hammered by Yuvraj.

social

Yuvi's just got himself into the Test team :(
Got to be kidding!

Should have been bounced out twice in this match on a dead slow pitch

The best result for Oz out of this match would be Krezja out and Yuvi in

duffer

My tip is Krejza will never play a test for Australia.
I believe he should be backed by the selectors who threw him into the deep end here and get a good run in the side to show what he's about. The next 4 tests should give us an indication :laugh:

Polo23

International Debutant
I believe he should be backed by the selectors who threw him into the deep end here and get a good run in the side to show what he's about. The next 4 tests should give us an indication :laugh:
If I was an Indian fan i'd be hoping you were right. Unfortunately, despite the selectors picking him in the squad, I don't think they will be stupid enough to play him in a test match. Not after these performances anyway.