• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both Sehwag and Gambhir have done well in the recent SL series, so frankly speaking there was hardly an opening for Chopra to break through.
Gambhir could easily be moved to the middle order if one of our big guns fails again there.

pup11

International Coach
Johnson gets a wicket, and that too a lbw dismissal against a right hander.
Chopra gone.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty rough decision for Chopra; don't think it was even going to hit off. Chopra made it look better than it was.

Mister Wright

ATTN:
Does anyone have a live stream for this match? Please come to me on MSN @ leagueandcars@hotmail.com or post it here. Thanks in advance.
Make this the last one mate. It is against forum rules to advertise live streaming, so trying to hunt one down is just about the same. If you want to discuss the tour match here - go for it, but please no more talk about live streaming.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Both Sehwag and Gambhir have done well in the recent SL series, so frankly speaking there was hardly an opening for Chopra to break through.
It's arguable that Gambhir would be much better off down the order a bit (even if just at #3) in most conditions, though. His technique against the new ball is very shaky but he's excellent player of spin bowling so it'd make sense to shield him a bit. Most of his successes in ODI cricket have come at #3 as well.

He did bat well against Sri Lanka, yes, but I'd be most comfortable with Chopra opening and Ghambir somewhere in the middle order if I was an Indian fan TBH. As I type this, Chopra gets out, but the point remains. :p

Jakester1288

International Regular
Onya Kato!

Kato is the new JL.
That is dire. I want Jaques to retain his position at the top of the order. The only reason I would want him replaced is through injury, which has occured, but if Katich has a good game, he will stay in the side, even if Jaques is fit.

I suppose it is a win win for New South Wales whoever is in the Australia squad.

howardj

International Coach
The Kat cementing a spot would be up there with Haydos in terms of an inspirational comeback story. Both guys, at one stage, lost their central contract...but just beat down the selection door with sheer weight of runs. That's the difference between them when they got dropped and the likes of Blewett.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting in that piece they say Siddle is in for Watson, which perhaps explains the Bollinger omission. That and the fact he's been in India recently.
I'm very surprised, to be honest, but only if Johnsons's place is in doubt, which I reckon it isn't now. Would have thought this match a bowl-off between the two if Bolly was genuinely in contention. Instead, it seems they've opted to give Siddle a run in case of a bus-load of injuries. This a sign that it's Johnson for the first Test with Bolly 12th.

Migara

International Coach
It's arguable that Gambhir would be much better off down the order a bit (even if just at #3) in most conditions, though. His technique against the new ball is very shaky but he's excellent player of spin bowling so it'd make sense to shield him a bit. Most of his successes in ODI cricket have come at #3 as well.

He did bat well against Sri Lanka, yes, but I'd be most comfortable with Chopra opening and Ghambir somewhere in the middle order if I was an Indian fan TBH. As I type this, Chopra gets out, but the point remains. :p
I would second that. Gambhir excelled against medium fast bowling of Vaas and Kulasekara, but was visibly discomforted by brisk pace of Prasad (140k+). Lee and Johnson are little more quick and accurate than Prasad.

duffer

I would second that. Gambhir excelled against medium fast bowling of Vaas and Kulasekara, but was visibly discomforted by brisk pace of Prasad (140k+). Lee and Johnson are little more quick and accurate than Prasad.
He scored very brikskly against the aforementioned pacemen so I wouldn't exactly call new ball bowling a weakness of his. Played and missed a few times against good balls but nothing there that suggested to me that he was too "discomforted" with any of them. His problem in Lanka was capitalising on promising starts.

pup11

International Coach
Siddle knocks over Badrinath, good stuff this from the Aussie fast bowlers on a flat deck.

Johnners

Johnners to get another next over (y)

Nice to see Siddle take his first ever wicket playing for Aust as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Badrinath gone - was only a matter of time, guy couldn’t hit the ball of the square.