• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Awesome Grand Final, so happy right now. Those few minutes where Hawthorn went from 59-59 to 86-59 were incredible. So happy for Crawford.

Signs were there, Geelong played like they did last week. And even though they were the better team of the first half, really weren't able to make it count. Inaccuracies, especially from Chapman and Mooney early on were brutal. Thought Hodge was a fair Norm Smith, no one on either side really stood out though.

Hawks won a grand final with Buddy and Roughhead kicking four between them. That's the amazing thing.

pasag

RTDAS
AWTA. Hawthorn's backline was Fort Knoxesque today, how they stood up when Geelong absolutely peppered the F50 in the 2nd term I don't know. It helps when you have a gun general like Luke Hodge marshalling the troops though.

Key moment for me was Stuey Dew's 2 goals and that goal assist for Mark Williams when both players kept handballing to each other under immense pressure from like 5 geelong players - should have been goal of the year IMO.
Yeah Dew turned the match, brilliant stuff.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
playing a montage with 'getting away with it (all messed up)' by James as backing track aws, best part of the day.

****** Geelong, kicked as bad as the Roos in 98
Bingo.

Our forwards were horrible; it just kills the side when they work so hard to dominate a quarter like we did the second, and end up with 1.9. Horrible football.

Hawks were just so efficient; because we had the ball in our forward line a lot, they had so much space down the other end. Bateman was fantastic, Hodge was awesome.

Scarlett and Taylor (besides his one big stuff up) were fantastic on their big key forwards. Hunt is still a bloody fairy. Built like Tarzan, etc etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Went away for GF weekend. So awesome!
That is epic!

I've been meaning to put $200 on the Cats but something keeps telling me not to.
Sorry Howard, but I'm so happy I went with my gut.

Ended up just putting $30 on the Hawks so won a cool $60. My mate put money on Hodge for the Norm Smith at $15. Great odds.

Ablett was ****in amazing btw. Can't wait for him and a fit Judd to battle it out next year for the premium player in the comp.

howardj

International Coach
Despite the hip pocket pain, it was a great game on Saturday. It was my first ever full AFL GF, as our cricket season usually starts on that Saturday but am not playing this year.

howardj

International Coach
Wouldn't mind being Franklin right now. Gun player, 21 years old, on an earn of at least $600 000, and a premiership medal. Life's good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And apparently brought up 100 goals for the year off the field about 3 weeks before he did so on the field.

Respect.

pasag

RTDAS
Wouldn't mind being Franklin right now. Gun player, 21 years old, on an earn of at least $600 000, and a premiership medal. Life's good.
Nah, only on 400,000ish a year on the current contract, though that will blow out when renegotiated.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Went away for GF weekend. So awesome!

Sorry Howard, but I'm so happy I went with my gut.

Ended up just putting $30 on the Hawks so won a cool $60. My mate put money on Hodge for the Norm Smith at $15. Great odds.

Ablett was ****in amazing btw. Can't wait for him and a fit Judd to battle it out next year for the premium player in the comp.
Na could have gotten 20+ on Betfair. Think there was some $26 at some stage there. Had some Sam Mitchell at $20. Oh well, happy with the result.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It is a pretty good show, yeah. You'll probably get a lot of negative feedback here though, because it was Robert Walls in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.