• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand's new uniform

Langeveldt

Soutie
How can that possibly be acceptable? Loved NZ uniforms of old, but I won't be buying a replica this time around..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its nearly impossible to go wrong with the colours NZ have. For years they have had great kits.

This on the other hand is terrible.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah the new uniform is really looking bad, and i am sure they won't be wearing this one for too long, but still didn't the manufacturers realise that this kit looks like **** when they were designing it.

masterblaster

International Captain
Dreadful. What was wrong with their current one? Their current one is probably the best uniform in world cricket.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would suggest that it would possibly look better if it were modelled by Kyle Mills rather than Scott Styris and Chris Martin.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh. I've seen worse. :mellow:

Then again I don't have to look at it with that much regularity over the next 12 months.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
As I said on the other thread, Canterbury of NZ seems intent on ruining every uniform they're involved with. With the Irish and Aussie rugby jerseys, they seemed to put on a strange strip (which looked more like nipple protectors) which just turned the jerseys into a mottled mess. If they were after a point of difference, they've certainly achieved that.

Natman20

International Debutant
It doesn't reflect New Zealand. It looks like a club uniform or something. It seems to have got rid of the feeling of national pride through the uniform. We should start calling them the Tirau Magpies or something. The old one looked good and was the best effort. They could have made the white a light grey or something instead of the bright white.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
This reminds me of when Australia changed their uniform a few years ago. Like other people have said, why would you bother changing it if there is nothing wrong with it? Its not the worst uniform I've seen but the old uniform was definitely better.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
:laugh:

It may well look a teensy bit better on McCullum, but then he'd look good in anything :D

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I said on the other thread, Canterbury of NZ seems intent on ruining every uniform they're involved with. With the Irish and Aussie rugby jerseys, they seemed to put on a strange strip (which looked more like nipple protectors) which just turned the jerseys into a mottled mess. If they were after a point of difference, they've certainly achieved that.
Canterbury make excellent kits.