• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
playing a montage with 'getting away with it (all messed up)' by James as backing track aws, best part of the day.

****** Geelong, kicked as bad as the Roos in 98

Craig

World Traveller
How cool would it be to the kids who hand out the medals to the players? Would be an awesome experience.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really good grand final IMO, right up until the last term which kinda fizzled.

I started out supporting the Cats but I enjoyed Hawthorn's effort a lot. Reminded me quite a bit of the Adelaide premierships in '97 and '98 actually. Amazing defensive intensity, and hung on really well against a more polished team in the first half, through injuries and all, and got on top later in the game. Hawthorn were awesome down back, especially in the second term, and definitely the better team on the day.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Now I'm no expert, obviously, but isn't 23 behinds an awful lot? Accuracy what cost Geelong in the end?
Accuracy was a problem at times. Mooney missed a couple of crucial shots in the second term in particular, and early on the last they had problems again. Lots of rushed behinds though, at least 10 or so, so you can pretty much subtract those. Hawthorn finished brilliantly all day though, even when they were being beaten all over the rest of the ground, so that made the Geelong problems more stark.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
It is, but at least half of them were rushed behinds so it isn't really an awful blight on Geelong today.
Even so Geelongs kicking was not up to their usual standard. They missed some goals that they definitely should've got. They got like 1-9 in the second term which is not good enough, even if half of them were rushed behinds.

Craig

World Traveller
Accuracy was a problem at times. Mooney missed a couple of crucial shots in the second term in particular, and early on the last they had problems again. Lots of rushed behinds though, at least 10 or so, so you can pretty much subtract those. Hawthorn finished brilliantly all day though, even when they were being beaten all over the rest of the ground, so that made the Geelong problems more stark.
Mooney's miss just before half time was quite comical. You would back almosy any AFL footballer, even at state level to have got that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd have kicked it. Was an absolute sitter.

So drunk at the moment (lol stedders i cn typ lol) but that was so awesome. Absolutely the best day ever. Until I watch a Demons win anyway.

irfan

State Captain
Really good grand final IMO, right up until the last term which kinda fizzled.

I started out supporting the Cats but I enjoyed Hawthorn's effort a lot. Reminded me quite a bit of the Adelaide premierships in '97 and '98 actually. Amazing defensive intensity, and hung on really well against a more polished team in the first half, through injuries and all, and got on top later in the game. Hawthorn were awesome down back, especially in the second term, and definitely the better team on the day.
AWTA. Hawthorn's backline was Fort Knoxesque today, how they stood up when Geelong absolutely peppered the F50 in the 2nd term I don't know. It helps when you have a gun general like Luke Hodge marshalling the troops though.

Key moment for me was Stuey Dew's 2 goals and that goal assist for Mark Williams when both players kept handballing to each other under immense pressure from like 5 geelong players - should have been goal of the year IMO.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Trav Varcoe is so so ****, never seen anything ever in this guy that suggest he'll make it. Oh, he's a decent tackler.

Status
Not open for further replies.