• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Made my debut for the Hutt Valley Eagles aussie rules team today.

Played the whole game - in the Back Pocket. The fact I played the whole game must mean I was doing something right. I was puffing quite badly at the end of the 1st half, but was fine in the 2nd half.

Plusses

Managed to prevent a goal by out jumping the opposition Full Forward (who was about 5 inches taller than me) to knock the ball out of his hands just before he was about to take the Mark right in front of goal. Probably saved 6 points there. Managed to gather the loose ball and handball it off to the Full Back who punted it clear.

We won by 3 points.

Negative

Went up for a throw in, but didn't call loud enough for the ball. Took the catch but was then flattened by my own ruckman who hadn't heard the call. The loose ball was gathered up by the opposition, who then scored.

howardj

International Coach
I feel like having a punt on Saturday. What do you reckon is the best value bet?

Geelong to win: $1.45

Geelong to lead at half time and full time: $1.70

Geelong to win by more than 15.5 points: $1.90

pasag

RTDAS
Get Hird, Misiti and Mercuri in there. Close to 40 they'd all still be better than any current Essendon players :laugh:

Nah, pretty embarrassing for The Age. Was a huge front page today.

readie

State Regular
I honestly think the cats will do it quite easily, really hoping Scarlett matches up on Franklin would be a great battle.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Get Hird, Misiti and Mercuri in there. Close to 40 they'd all still be better than any current Essendon players :laugh:

Nah, pretty embarrassing for The Age. Was a huge front page today.
Slow news day? Was never going to be on the cards. I'd imagine we'd welcome back him with open arms. He was still sublime last year. Love you tubing Hirdy every now and then to remind me just how good he was.

Make no mistake Hird could still come back and contribute massively on the team...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yeah Franklin is too fast for Scarlett. Only way they'll stop Buddy is if Harley plays the hole. (Or if Buddy goes AWOL like he does sometimes.)
The amount of footy played through buddy dictates he'll score heavily. The game will almost be decided on him alone. If he kicks accurately like he does every time agaisnt us (bloody prick) then Hawks should be able to get the job done.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It is actually possible for Buddy to be well held though. Doesn't happen often admittedly, but it does from time to time. Bock smashed him in one of their meetings this year (was well beaten the other time), and I think Harley could do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.