• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hands on hearts guys - would you rather either of them or Sachin?

Seems a non-issue anyway as he seems to be fit enough to play. :)
not at all, mate.. juz a bit of messing around.. The way media is building up Rohit Sharma and the way CW is building up Badrinath.. :)

Obviously, neither of them can even dream to match Sachin at the moment....

adharcric

International Coach
Both.

Middle order would have Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly and Badrinath.
Hmm, I'm not sure I like the idea of two newcomers (Kaif and Badrinath) in the middle-order in the same match either. Ganguly also adds some variety and another bowling option apart from Sehwag and Badrinath. The selectors seem to have preferred both the new guys to Ganguly - is there any chance they would bring him back now?

pasag

RTDAS
Interesting to see Greg Chappell travelling with the Australian side.
Great news I reckon - to have someone there with an great knowledge of Indian conditions and the players, especially some of the new guys like Badri that Australia hasn't played before. A bit of a coup you'd think.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hmm, I'm not sure I like the idea of two newcomers (Kaif and Badrinath) in the middle-order in the same match either. Ganguly also adds some variety and another bowling option apart from Sehwag and Badrinath. The selectors seem to have preferred both the new guys to Ganguly - is there any chance they would bring him back now?
The official line was that he was rested for the Duleep Trophy game if I am not mistaken. So he has not exactly been dropped from the test team. This is Indian cricket. Any thing can happen.

adharcric

International Coach
The official line was that he was rested for the Duleep Trophy game if I am not mistaken. So he has not exactly been dropped from the test team. This is Indian cricket. Any thing can happen.
The other line from a selector was that it was a "signal to the team". Ganguly also had no real reason to be rested given that he doesn't play ODIs any more and he didn't exert himself any more than Dravid and Laxman did in Sri Lanka. You're right though, this is Indian cricket.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Indian Board Presidents side to face AUstralia

BCCI President XI: Yuvraj Singh (captain), S. Badrinath (vice-captain), Wasim Jaffer, Akash Chopra, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kholi, Parthiv Patel (wk), Irfan Pathan [Images], S. Sreesanth , Piyush Chawla , Pragyan Ojha, Pankaj Singh, Manpreet Gony, Yogesh Takawale, Rakesh Dhruve

INdia A team to face New Zealand A

Suresh Raina (captain), Jaydev Shah (vice-captain), M. Vijay, Shikhar Dhavan, Sahil Kukreja, Cheteshwar Pujara, Yusuf Pathan, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha, Ashok Dinda, Dhaval Kulkarni, S. Tyagi, Amit Mishra, Pradip Sangwan, Mohnish Parmar.

Yuvraj as captain is a bit of a joke. The bowling of the Board X1 looks decent though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL. What a standard.

In my mind, if he does it, he is right after Bradman, in the world all-time list.
World all time? That's tough for me to grant, I'd definitely put Sobers and Hobbs ahead, and probably 5-6 others. If he does well, he'd definitely be in the top ten all time world. Maybe the top seven. I think he'll be very close to Chappell, and if he keeps going for another year or two, will pass him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The other line from a selector was that it was a "signal to the team". Ganguly also had no real reason to be rested given that he doesn't play ODIs any more and he didn't exert himself any more than Dravid and Laxman did in Sri Lanka. You're right though, this is Indian cricket.
Yea, that's a good point, I am not sure if I want two newcomers either, especially if one of them is Kaif. However, if you ask me, I'd take Badrinath and Chopra over Ganguly, even if we play both of them (Gambhir moves down into the middle order). But obviously its a risky move, and one new middle order batsman might be best.