• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
"TAKE 35 OFF!"

"I'm waiting for people to start booting people and ****"

Commentary almost as good as the brawl.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Question:

I was asked by a guy at work today if I'd like to have a go at playing for his AFL team this season.
At 6ft, you'd be looking at pretty much anything but Ruck, or Rover/Ruck-Rover, if you're a big unit you could hold down FF or FB at that height, probably a bit small for a CHF/CHB type though.
Went along to preseason training. Handballing seems easy enough and long, wayward punts downfield are somewhat reminiscent of my time as a full back when I played soccer.

In terms of size, there's two guys who are of the 6ft 3in kind of height who are the main ruckmen by the looks. Everyone else was pretty much my height or smaller.

In fact, if the other teams in the league are like that one, there seems to be a decent number of guys in the 15-19 bracket who get smacked to the floor with the slightest shoulder barge. Had great fun dragging this little chap who was attempting to tackle me along for ten or so yards before handballing the ball away.

Seems quite enjoyable, though knackering.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was at the Cats/Doggies game tonight!

Terrific atmosphere. Dogs had their chances and stuffed it. Minson, Boyd and Hahn all needed to slot their goals.

pasag

RTDAS
Quality game, WB didn't play too badly, just needed a forward line and stuffed up way to many chances (poor kicks, dropped marks etc). If Geelong play like this next week, Hawks could win, but I doubt that will happen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't like that people are already talking about Cats vs. Hawks. Saints have a team that can beat Hawthorn if St. Nick and Lenny Hayes fires.

Btw, the line between Geelong and Doggies tonight was + and - 41.5 pts. Talk about value, in a prelim final Dogs + 41.5 pts was nice and generous.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Kudos to the Dogs, they never let Geelong really run away with it. Deffinitely lost the game themselves, rather than the Cats beating them IMO.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely devoed. Hope the Saints don't win tonight, but I get the feeling they might.

How good was Brian Lake last night? Actually, the whole defence - Lake, Hargrave, Callan, Tiller and Morris - were awesome. A shame our midfield has to be one of the worst clearance sides in the league.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Morris was awesome last night for the Doggies.

Ottens killed 'em in the ruck, again I thought was close to the difference in a Prelim. Went as well, to be honest I thought it was a pretty ordinary game, especially the second half. Defensive pressure from both teams was great, but both teams also butchered the ball when they had it. Scarlett and Harley were fantastic - one day Scott Welsh might do something in an important game. But you'd have to be 10 goals up before he did it.

pasag

RTDAS
Morris was awesome last night for the Doggies.

Ottens killed 'em in the ruck, again I thought was close to the difference in a Prelim. Went as well, to be honest I thought it was a pretty ordinary game, especially the second half. Defensive pressure from both teams was great, but both teams also butchered the ball when they had it. Scarlett and Harley were fantastic - one day Scott Welsh might do something in an important game. But you'd have to be 10 goals up before he did it.
Did you notice the seagulls? On TV it looked like there were an absurd amount on the ground. Was really annoying.

pasag

RTDAS
Incredible, Buddy has had virtually zero impact on the match and it's already 90-24 in the third quarter (delayed).

pasag

RTDAS
Great stuff from Hawthorn. Should be a huge GF. Can't wait.

Very sad to see Harvey go, such a champion. Nice to see the Hawks seeing him off, especially after a win like that when they'd be excused for not thinking about these things.

Crawford was about to break down in that interview, like Buckley and Harvey he deserves to be part of a premiership team and it'll be tragic if he's not by the time he retires.

And how good was Hudghton, owned Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.