• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Give them the premiership now, the rest are making up the numbers.
Hawks look pretty handy the night before - against a much better creditialled team than the Saints.

Can't really see the winner of Sydney-Bullies troubling them however, so it will be down to Hawthorn or Collingwood to stop them.

The good thing is if we can knock over the Saints, and the Doggies can beat the Swans, I'll actually be ok with whoever wins the flag.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hawks look pretty handy the night before - against a much better creditialled team than the Saints.

Can't really see the winner of Sydney-Bullies troubling them however, so it will be down to Hawthorn or Collingwood to stop them.

The good thing is if we can knock over the Saints, and the Doggies can beat the Swans, I'll actually be ok with whoever wins the flag.
I'd argue against that, the doggies limped into the finals playing some uninspiring footy. Whilst St Kilda had a very very good second half of the season. WB will be knocked out in straight sets imo. You are right though there are only 2 teams who stand a chance of beating Geelong and they are the Hawks and Pies. I have no clue why but the pies always seem to muster up there best footy vs the cats and tbh wouldn't suprise me if they won the flag.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Saints to go out in straight sets as well IMO.

Dogs have suffered from knowing their fate for seven weeks. It's no excuse considering the Cats and Hawks have had relatively little trouble knowing the same.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Saints to go out in straight sets as well IMO.

Dogs have suffered from knowing their fate for seven weeks. It's no excuse considering the Cats and Hawks have had relatively little trouble knowing the same.
Problem is that they've gone away from what got them where they were in the first place; winning the majority of contested footy.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep - they showed on Friday night that they can play contested footy for like ten minutes and then pissfart around with the ball for the rest of the game. If they play that zoning off sheep-shepharding bull**** on Friday night, the Swans will massacre them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Doggies were good!

Pies for me tonight, but could go either way.

Pies/Hawks next week would be frickin' awesome though.

pasag

RTDAS
Great stuff from WB, really only outplayed Sydney for one quarter but it was a quality one at that. They'll get smashed by Geelong next week though, will be 70+ points.

Crowd looked a shocker, empty seats everywhere.

Hopefully Collingwood can pull through tonight, should be a good game.

pasag

RTDAS
And did anyone catch the interchange freekick? Was dead set a disgrace. The Footscray player ran on the right side of the line instead of the left side when coming on and the Bulldogs, who had the mark right in front of goal had to hand it over to Sydney who had a kick right in front of their goals.

One of the worst things I've seen on a footy field. Ridiculous.

pasag

RTDAS
I thought they were your (Carlton's) mortal enemies? Or are St Kilda worse?
a) The pain will be so much greater for them if they get into the GF and lose another one. Three for the decade is awesome even for their standard of losing grand finals.

b) In a pickle in LMS. If St Kilda win I have to tip Geelong and then I'm pretty screwed for the next week. Either way Dav's in a pretty good place right now (Not literally - Perth :laugh:).

pasag

RTDAS
Woeful from Collingwood, granted they were shut down pretty well by St Kilda's defence, but all over the ground they fumbled and showed the skills of an u13 side.

First 30 minutes or so, it was brilliant football though, goal for goal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There was never any doubt that Nick Riewoldt was going to have a great game after his performance last week. What a gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.