• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
An hour to go until the game starts in Perth, so I won't be in here until an hour after it finishes.

All I can say is carn the Dogs - but I'm not feeling too optimistic. Few butterflies, though!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
An hour to go until the game starts in Perth, so I won't be in here until an hour after it finishes.

All I can say is carn the Dogs - but I'm not feeling too optimistic. Few butterflies, though!
Tips for the weekend games?

Hawks
Collingwood
Geelong (by freakin miles)
Kangas

for mine.

Out of interest, is anyone who doesn't live on the Gold Coast glad that they're joining the comp and throwing the competition out of whack for the next few years? Demetriou was making tool-ish comments about having to expand to a final 9 or 10 once his precious expansion teams are up an running. Any system where more teams make the final than don't is a nonsense.

pasag

RTDAS
Hawthorn dominated that in every part of the ground. You'd imagine 2 vs 3 qualifying final would be closer but the Hawks were quicker, stronger and ten times more confident throughout the whole match. If their forwards could kick straight it would have been a massacre. Only one win away from the GF now, hope they go all the way this year.

What's incredible is that Franklin went missing in the middle two quarters and still kicked 8 goals!

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
That was ****ing disgraceful. Shattered with that performance - were good for about ten minutes and then fell apart into the softest finals footy I've ever seen.

Some of Rocket's moves were ridiculous - Akermanis staying in the backline, Cooney staying in the midfield whilst he was being pantsed.

We'll get flogged by Sydney/North next week - and I hope we do. I'd hate to see the carnage against Geelong.

pasag

RTDAS
He kicked two in the second quarter! You sure have high standards.
Yeah, not saying anything other then I virtually didn't see him much in the middle half (esp when Osbourne kicked 4 and was all over the place) and he still came away with eight goals. Some of his goals were amazing as well, 55 out, over the shoulder etc.

Collingwood Crows game has been fantatstic, will come down to the wire.

pasag

RTDAS
Great win from Collingwood, top final. I reckon Adelaide and their fans aren't going to be too happy with Essendon this week...

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Quality stuff from North, owning Sydney in tough conditions. Some of the worst goal umpiring you'll see though, Harvey given one which was clearly over the line when he got a boot to it and just now they've kicked one right down the middle which was given a point.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonderful stuff here from channel 10, who cut to the AFL for Sydney viewers at 730, only to give us half an hour of the deplorable Robert Walls (last smiled in 1963 and a dead ****), then televises it delayed by a quarter.

Despite my earnest entreaties to the switchboard operator, they didn't change it. Piss poor - it's 2008 FFS,not 1963 (the year of Walls' last smile).

pasag

RTDAS
Wonderful stuff here from channel 10, who cut to the AFL for Sydney viewers at 730, only to give us half an hour of the deplorable Robert Walls (last smiled in 1963 and a dead ****), then televises it delayed by a quarter.

Despite my earnest entreaties to the switchboard operator, they didn't change it. Piss poor - it's 2008 FFS,not 1963 (the year of Walls' last smile).
I have a picture of him smiling after the 1972 grand final in a bath with Bruce Doull. Tried to scan it in but the thing's broken.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
haha yeah the umpiring has been sh*thouse.

The goal umpire even wanted to give that Vezpremi one as a goal and had to be overruled.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't know how the Kangas have managed to stuff this up. Hopefully they can come back in the last and make it an all Vic finals.

pasag

RTDAS
All over with a 60 metre Ted Richards goal. Now the Swans play an out of form WB, could be interesting.

Pathetic crowd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.