• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Indeed, I wonder what Scaly thinks of that stat that said he had the worst FC average of about 20 keepers going for England places.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Test average of 40 because he cashed in against WI. He was awesome against a proper Test side such as Sri Lanka and India wasn't he?
Yes, you're right, he was indeed pretty much England's best batsman against Sri Lanka. And there was me thinking you didn't know what you were talking about!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a bloody annoying trend across the damn country currently.

Whenever I head down the gym the vast majority of the lads there are shaven-headed.
Haha, try living in Invercargill. Place is full of skinheads.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha, i don't actually, I support different teams at different times depending on their players, who's the underdog, bets i put on, and sometimes for no discernable reason at all. Sometimes listening to David Lloyd and Nasser Hussain makes me want England to lose, likewise Ian Healy and Australia- although I always support Australia in the Ashes, because when England win we never hear the end of it over here :unsure:

At the moment, I'm a bit indifferent about this ODI series- although I'd love to see Herschelle Gibbs get going. In the tests, I had a pretty big bet on SA for the series so you may have detected an anti-English tone around then :p. But the England team is a lot more likeable when Jones, Flintoff and Hoggard play. I'm not a big fan of India lately (Sehwag aside).

In football I'm much more explicitly anti-English because the fans and media are so unbearable at times. I'm moving to Manchester in three weeks so god forbid the England team starts playing well :ph34r:
Think you are a gun poster, but that's one of my absolute pet hates.. "Oh yeah today is a Sunday, lets whack some red pants on and support Australia today"

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Test average of 40 because he cashed in against WI. He was awesome against a proper Test side such as Sri Lanka and India wasn't he?

Couldn't give a toss how bad other keepers were in the past, there are better options particularly in ODI cricket.
He was, actually, one of England's best batsmen against Sri Lanka, averaging over 40 when KP was averaging 25. Went a long way to convincing me his batting was up to scratch for a test wk-batsman tbh.

Uppercut

Think you are a gun poster, but that's one of my absolute pet hates.. "Oh yeah today is a Sunday, lets whack some red pants on and support Australia today"
Haha, well I don't exactly bask in their reflected glory, but who I want to win isn't something I have explicit control over. I could make an executive decision to pick a country and follow them but it's hard to make yourself feel good about them doing well.

I get abuse, too, for being a Man Utd fan who isn't from Manchester. But since I was about 2, I've wanted them to win, and given how uncool it is it might be nice to be able to change that but I can't :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I get abuse, too, for being a Man Utd fan who isn't from Manchester.
Oh, you and every other **** that supports Man Utd too. 8-) Some people just don't realise that you're not neccessarily a glory-seeker if you're not actually resident Mancunian.

Perm

Yeah, I'm a fairly casual Man Utd fan too, mainly 'cause Ronaldo is gun.

*prepares to be stoned*

Uppercut

Oh, you and every other **** that supports Man Utd too. 8-) Some people just don't realise that you're not neccessarily a glory-seeker if you're not actually resident Mancunian.
Haha well however despicable it is it's nothing I have control over.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Few things funnier in the world than Man U fans basking in how tough it is to support the most successful club in the world.

Well, perhaps another England batting collapse would rival it.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, I'm a fairly casual Man Utd fan too, mainly 'cause Ronaldo is gun.

*prepares to be stoned*
You've just gone up in my opinion, but that probably doesn't compensate for the fact that you have probably gone down in just about everyone elses.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ntini back on at the death - this could be messy.

And an eternal hex on you for your use of disrespectful terminology, Haakon.

Scaly piscine

He was, actually, one of England's best batsmen against Sri Lanka, averaging over 40 when KP was averaging 25. Went a long way to convincing me his batting was up to scratch for a test wk-batsman tbh.
He was rubbish against SL and India as a whole. Got 2 50s, one when it was meaningless and the other when it was a road.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Patel swings around a straight one, Ntini gets a wicket perhaps rather surprisingly. Pretty decent start to a ODI career as things go though, 31 from 33 with just 3 boundaries.

Wright in now. :laugh: