• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why does Ntini keep getting picked? He has been bowling a lot of carp for a long time now.
Was easily the best bowler just 2 games ago... and neither Steyn nor Morkel have ever bowled as well as he did for much of his career.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good call from Kallis to bring him back before the death though, with a new batsman at the crease. Imagine the carnage...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
If you had to have someone bat out a final session for your life, would you choose Pietersen?
If you want someone to bat out time, Pietersen probably wouldn't be the man. If you want someone to score a century, however, he would be up there.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, that's Prior for you. Without those free hits and other buffet bowling it would be a typical slow 20odd from Prior.
After Alec Stewart he has highest ODI average for any England keeper.

Feel free to ignore this, along with his Test average of 40, and his exceptional performances in county cricket this season.

I'm sure your powers of intuition are far more reliable than mere evidence.

Uppercut

If you want someone to bat out time, Pietersen probably wouldn't be the man. If you want someone to score a century, however, he would be up there.
On an unrelated note, I think there are better batsmen than him out there just at scoring runs. He's a tier below Ponting, Sangakarra, Chanderpaul, Tendulkar and Hussey IMO.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
On an unrelated note, I think there are better batsmen than him out there just at scoring runs. He's a tier below Ponting, Sangakarra, Chanderpaul, Tendulkar and Hussey IMO.
This is, again, a fair point. I chose my words carefully in saying that Pietersen would be "up there". I wouldn't say he's necessarily likelier to score runs than the others you've mentioned, but I'd say he's comparable. If he's below them it's not by much.

Uppercut

Or it could just get worse still. And Flintoff endeavoring to make it so.
I still think it's a good call, you want to tempt him into hitting out a little too early. It could ofc work out against SA but i still think it's a good percentage call.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After Alec Stewart he has highest ODI average for any England keeper.

Feel free to ignore this, along with his Test average of 40, and his exceptional performances in county cricket this season.

I'm sure your powers of intuition are far more reliable than mere evidence.
Test average of 40 because he cashed in against WI. He was awesome against a proper Test side such as Sri Lanka and India wasn't he?

Couldn't give a toss how bad other keepers were in the past, there are better options particularly in ODI cricket.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I still think it's a good call, you want to tempt him into hitting out a little too early. It could ofc work out against SA but i still think it's a good percentage call.
I really don't know. I wouldn't want to call it good or poor myself TBH.