• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier 2008

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland 23/2 off 9 as this rapidly becomes one of the most bizzare T20 matches of all time...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The wicket is wrecking the competition. IIRC there weren't any problems in the ICC Trophy, and while it hasn't been really hot recently, it's not lashed it down every day of the week.

Steulen

International Regular
Fairly normal T20 match going on now...Scotland 85/3 after 15.3. Not counting on the Dutch keeping it tight for the last 4.3 and batting well, though.

Steulen

International Regular
So "we" need 108 runs. Should be a formality <cough>...will be interesting. Hoping for some fireworks from Reekers and of course the legend that is RTD.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Borren & RTD take Netherlands to the cup.

Fine stuff by Szwarczynski and de Grooth, however. Schiferli's 4-0-17-0 should be mentioned.

Kenya v Scotland now...

gio

U19 Cricketer
Bloody hell, really disappointed with that, having outplayed Holland in the ODI the other day. Kenya's going to be tough now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody hell, really disappointed with that, having outplayed Holland in the ODI the other day. Kenya's going to be tough now.
Bizzarrely low scoring day today. Hopefully Odoyo can finally come good with the bat and see us into third place.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Is Scotland's place in the T20WC set in stone as yet? Some sources still have them down as provisional participants pending resolution of the Zimbabwe situation.
I'll be pretty raging if we do miss out. I would expect we would lose out on a significant amount of funding.

ON another note, what has Ireland done in the last 2 years to have overtaken Scotland so quickly. We were the dominant force, winning the inagrual ICC Intercontinental Cup. Since then, Ireland have produced Morgan, O'Brien and I suppose Joyce (although I acknowledge he's been around a while now)... Scotland? Well Poonia and Coetzer are the only ones with county contracts. Quite disappointing.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Congrats to Scotland, Ireland and Holland
Absolutely - especially the Dutch to turn around their recent poor form. All the best against the Test nations in the WC.

From Kenya's point of view, what an appalling performance. Terrible batting all round with the sole exception of the one innings by Kennedy Obuya against Canada. Bowling was on the whole good (probably aided by the pitch), though why on Earth was Suji was bowled instead of Varaiya in the semi final?! Insanity.

Kenya are really going to have to do some major improving before the IC match against Scotland this weekend. Hopefully there will be a rethink in the starting XI as well. Not a good first up result from Kirsten as coach. :@

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I guess Kenya haven't adjusted to t20 yet. But their form in t20 doesn't really matter for the IC match against scotland 'cause it 2 different games.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I guess Kenya haven't adjusted to t20 yet. But their form in t20 doesn't really matter for the IC match against scotland 'cause it 2 different games.
True - and while we will miss the money, i think that it will also serve as a wake up call. When Kenya won the WCL last year, there was still the feeling of 'well we're still the top associate'. Even though this is 20-20, in this form of the game at least we are behind the 8-ball and it may just be the kick up the backside we need.