• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

gio

U19 Cricketer
Great character from Collingwood. I especially liked his celebration. Can't help but feel Pietersen would have been far more extravagent. Job not done yet.

gio

U19 Cricketer
I should develop that a bit... a lead of 200 isn't enough, and Colly's pretty much the only one who can get England to a decent total.

irfan

State Captain
Haha, Colly teaching Kevin how to slog your way to a century. Would have been vilified by all and sundry if he miscued that and he ended up being caught. Well deserved ton, good stuff Colly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well done Colly, your best inning and I apologize for doubting you.

Utterly world-class:)
Haha implusiveness is always inherant.

Well played to PDC, positively eerie how within the space of a few months two England batsmen have scored centuries which pulled their career back from the brink of very probable end.

Wasn't really keen on either doing so either. :ph34r: But Strauss has played well again since his, who knows, maybe Collingwood might do too.

Wonder if Ambrose can make a decent score to keep himself assured for a time too.

chalky

International Debutant
Ambrose has had no timing at all have lost cout of amount of long hops and half volleys he has missed

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Saj Mahmood in the Test team?! What reasoning is behind your decision?
As much as I can rant and rave about how amazing Sajid Mahmood is in my own world, I have some serious reasoning to it.. he is a much improved bowler since 2006, his line and length is still not Glen McGrath standard but is much better than it ever was.. he's taking a lot of wickets for Lancs in FC cricket at the moment and he has natural pace which alot of English bowlers don't have at the moment.. i.e.. he can crank it up to 92, 93Mph with possibly some reverse swing?

Anyway just my opinion...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much as I can rant and rave about how amazing Sajid Mahmood is in my own world, I have some serious reasoning to it.. he is a much improved bowler since 2006, his line and length is still not Glen McGrath standard but is much better than it ever was.. he's taking a lot of wickets for Lancs in FC cricket at the moment and he has natural pace which alot of English bowlers don't have at the moment.. i.e.. he can crank it up to 92, 93Mph with possibly some reverse swing?

Anyway just my opinion...
He averages 28.62 with an economy rate of 3.44 this season for Lancs. That is not Test match material.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
He averages 28.62 with an economy rate of 3.44 this season for Lancs. That is not Test match material.
I admit that's not amazing but it's good... and if the selectors ever did pick him it would be for using him as a strike bowler rather than your line and length economy man..

gio

U19 Cricketer
Brilliant match, and it's back to 50/50. Colly and Ambrose have to start again, and depsite his hundred, Collingwood doesn't look in great touch. So if SA knock England over quickly then England are going to have to bowl really well. Alternatively, if Collingwood can get to 150 then that'll be a lead of around 300...

Can't wait for tomorrow.

chalky

International Debutant
I think England should play every test @ Edgbaston - they always seem to produce the best games

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think England should play every test @ Edgbaston - they always seem to produce the best games
Old Trafford supplies fantastic games too. Shame they've chosen to forget about it and give tests to Lords instead.

gio

U19 Cricketer
SA still favourites. Very good batting track here.
Of course it is, but chasing is always tough. If England get Flintoff fired up, then England certainly have a chance.

I reckon a 260/70 lead makes it pretty even, with anything around 300 makes England favourites.