• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

tooextracool

International Coach
Hes had the fortune of bowling to 2 of the worst batting lineups in recent times for a significant part of his career. To make things better, hes had the opportunity to do so in seriously swing friendly conditions. Sorry, If that isnt luck then what is? I dont think he should be dropped, but I cant honestly see how anyone can suggest that Anderson deserves to be dropped over him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wouldn't drop either of them, though. I think this is the best pace-attack we've had for a while.

tooextracool

International Coach
i wouldn't either, but whenever Jones does return, someone does need to make way for him given that he has the potential to be infinitely better than either of these 2.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't drop either of them, though. I think this is the best pace-attack we've had for a while.
I honestly just threw up in my mouth a little. :-O

Well I guess we are all allowed our opinions.

Our attack is strengthend by the inclusion of Flintoff but Sidebottom and Anderson are still pretty marginal Test cricketers whos careers could still go either way.

You put this attack in 2005 and, IMO, it wouldnt stand a chance.

EDIT- I guess it depends on what a 'while' is. Though Im suprised by how enthused you are about the attack.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I keep saying however they need 4 seamers, not 3. If people want to see more of the Flintoff last evening it's not going to happen when he's having to bowl a third of the overs.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Beeb said:
Missed by Paul Collingwood in the slips and then, shockingly, by Monty Panesar at fine leg, Boucher (40) was held by a diving Michael Vaughan in the covers.
Can anyone tell me what's so shocking about that? The media love for Panesar is ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I honestly just threw up in my mouth a little. :-O

Well I guess we are all allowed our opinions.

Our attack is strengthend by the inclusion of Flintoff but Sidebottom and Anderson are still pretty marginal Test cricketers whos careers could still go either way.

EDIT- I guess it depends on what a 'while' is. Though Im suprised by how enthused you are about the attack.
By a while I mean post-2005.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Correct, but IMO it's the best attack we've had since then. Certainly better than some of the rubbish we saw post-Ashes from Fletcher.

I'd still drop Anderson, but other than that there aren't any changes I'd make.

Our problem atm is the batting IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Time for me to depart. I am sure you will all look forwards to my evening analysis later when we will be 246-0. Come on England :ph34r: