• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Sensational knock from Broad. A lot of fun. Let's hope he doesn't retain his spot because of it though.
It will be very hard for the selectors to see past his batting though. Especially as England have had so few bowlers who could hold a bat in the past. But you're right, although he has promise as a bowler he isnt international standard and should be dropped for a better one.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Horton is interesting as I can honestly say I know little about him and cant recall ever seing him bat.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played yet again Stuart Broad.

Some of his strokeplay is absolutely top-class and (although it sounds ridiculous to say it) reminiscent of David Gower.

I just can't see the selectors dropping him, however unpenetrative his bowling has been.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Broad now tops the series averages for England with 80.00....

....yep go ahead and drop him as England don't need those runs at all :laugh:
His job is to bowl and he cant do that (thank God people are starting to realise this).

Fair play to the lad, but you have to perform in your primary discipline, as Prior found out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
His job is to bowl and he cant do that (thank God people are starting to realise this).

Fair play to the lad, but you have to perform in your primary discipline, as Prior found out.
But Broad is the golden boy, "he can do no wrong".

aussie tragic

International Captain

But I thought that's why you're playing 5 bowlers whereas most countries only need 4 ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure how serious the Horton suggestion is, but he can't be too far away from consideration. I've not seen very much of him though. What are his strengths and weaknesses, and what's his recent form like (I'm aware he's got a good overall record and, IIRC, a bad haircut)?
Not an entirely serious suggestion, but if he continues doing what he's done for the last 2 seasons he'll get there. Averaging 55 this year, though not passed 50 in four innings since the Twenty20 break (38*against Sussex, though.) Looks quite organised. Doesn't hurry himself but puts away anything wide. Lovely cover drive. Doesn't hit in the air often. Seemed confident playing the pull in his 150 against Yorks, too. Not sure that he's great against the swinging ball. Dubious leave to be bowled by one (admittedly a beauty) from Lewry that came back into him and got turned inside out by Mascarenhas in his last innings to edge to second slip. Been out flashing outside off a couple of times too. Can't get his head around limited overs cricket.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But Rafique didn't record the highest individual score for his side in that match. Broad did that and was the aggregate top scorer.

Try harder, Morkles.