• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Its been awhile since I felt so good when someone scored a 100 and then carry on to make it hurt. AB is awesome and loved the fact that he gave it to the English, after all the boo's I think I just found myself a team and supporters I hate more than the Australians ...

Now to stick the knife in a twist it ... Innings and say 30 odd runs coming up :)

:cool:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Plenty of indignation about the claiming of grounded catches yet in the first innings the New Zealand players knew damned well that Cook hadn't hit it but everyone just seems to readily accept that when it's still cheating.

opener

Banned
I think Collingwood would have taken a lot of stick had he not apologized straight after.

As it was, all that happened was that a lot of people (me included) hoped we'd lose the game, personally my respect went back up for him when he came out and apologized.
That's just it though, he wouldn't properly commit himself to admitting he was wrong.

Hearing and reading his quotes, you'll see that he continuously only went as far as adding a "probably" or "might have" to all his admissions.

it annoyed me how his refusal to do so wen't unnoticed.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
AB is awesome and loved the fact that he gave it to the English, after all the boo's I think I just found myself a team and supporters I hate more than the Australians ...
Oh come off it, what did you expect? What set of supporters wouldn't have booed an opposition player who did that?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is my memory at fault or was there a very similar incident to the DeVilliers one involving Geraint Jones and a Bangladeshi batsman in 2005 where he claimed a scarcely credible "I genuinely thought I caught it" afterwards ?
Certainly was. Nafis Iqbal, as I recall.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Oh come off it, what did you expect? What set of supporters wouldn't have booed an opposition player who did that?

A bunch of supporters that will remember that a few hours later their captain did the same thing, and that less than a month ago that team was part the most controversial run out in ODI's ever.

So they can all rot in hell ...

STICK IT TO THEM BOYS!

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
A bunch of supporters that will remember that a few hours later their captain did the same thing, and that less than a month ago that team was part the most controversial run out in ODI's ever.

STICK IT TO THEM BOYS!
So the Headingly crowd consisted of a few thousand Michael Vaughans today? Otherwise I don't see what's wrong with it.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

STICK IT TO THEM BOYS!
A man with true tunnel vision - you should go into politics

Jakester1288

International Regular
Well South Africa are totally dominating this match, and I will be shocked if England could hold off for a draw from here. I mean, 2/50 still 269 runs behind with two full days remaining, surely South Africa will bowl them out and either not have to chase or chase something small like 50-100 at max. I am hoping South Africa win as well, because I bet on them to win the series. However, it's has been a total reversal of the first test match at Lords.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tbf, the Murali run out was also an umpiring mistake, the laws of the game, IIRC, dictate that you can't be out in such circumstances.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I cant see England not getting bowled out tomorrow and suffering a big defeat :( We really need to beef up the bowling some how. Wicket takers needed please!