• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As an aside, I think Smith believed too much of the pre-series hype about the SA bowling attack. WTF was he thinking to put England in on Thursday? That decision made no sense, and it proven, 600 runs lately.
Nah, that's not true at all. Pretty much everyone said fielding first was the right decision at the time it was made. Pitch-inspectors, the opposition captain, all pundits. Any fool can excercise hindsight. A decision doesn't have to pay-off to be the right one. The only time Smith's decision was criticised was after England had started to pile-up the runs.

pasag

RTDAS
Well played SA.

Very disappointed with the pitch, with such a build up for this series it's really quite poor that the ground couldn't have come to the party especially with the weather being pretty good.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been some very high scoring affairs at Lord's recently. The pitch definitely needs a look-in. It'll be stripped of Test status, if I have my way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How many were rain affected though? Can't remember the pitches of the games though, despite watching most of the matches.
Richard posted about this yesterday IIRC. Most have been rain-effected and lots would probably have reached a result if not.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard posted about this yesterday IIRC. Most have been rain-effected and lots would probably have reached a result if not.
Nah disagree, in fact the poor weather has helped in those matches, put some juice into the pitch which meant a result was even remotely possible.

It's just too slow, it's not conducive for pace-bowling, spin-bowling, stroke-play or any form of cricket. I'm not saying this because we drew once it got lifeless, I thought it was terrible at nullifying the potentially exciting South African attack.

Dig it up, IMHO. Or give Old Trafford the Lords matches until they give us a proper wicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah disagree, in fact the poor weather has helped in those matches, put some juice into the pitch which meant a result was even remotely possible.

It's just too slow, it's not conducive for pace-bowling, spin-bowling, stroke-play or any form of cricket. I'm not saying this because we drew once it got lifeless, I thought it was terrible at nullifying the potentially exciting South African attack.

Dig it up, IMHO. Or give Old Trafford the Lords matches until they give us a proper wicket.
I wasn't actually giving an opinion there, I should clarify. Just rehashing the theme of Richard's posts on the matter.

irfan

State Captain
Hey silentstriker, for some random reason decided to read ure blog and I must say a very interesting read.

Being of a Physics and Nanotechnology background meself, I can appreciate your spiel on US's space program as I share similar concerns and and the blog about the possible concoction of a space elevator via carbon nanotubes.

Your assessment of a typical pre-med student are spot on too. The snobby pricks :) Is that you in the red jacket coming in fashionably late on the pre-med group discussion Youtube video?

A dollar going into furthering science will almost always be better spent in the long run than a dollar going anywhere else.

Best line that sums it all up for mine. Pity our governments (USA and Australia) doesn't realise this as much as they should and as you say look for sticky tape solutions that paper over the cracks.

How often you update your blog??