• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Be interesting to see the Ins for us against Port Adelaide week after next...Goldstein should be a definite in, never want to see Thommo in the ruck again. Chances for Greenwood, Grima, Swallow, Ross, The Hunter, McMahon and maybe even Jesse Smith but thats unlikely, he's been a late withdrawal from the reserves the last few weeks.

howardj

International Coach
Have to say, in my first full year of following it, I'm quite enjoying the AFL this year. Have watched chunks of various games and am looking forward to the run home.

pasag

RTDAS
Have to say, in my first full year of following it, I'm quite enjoying the AFL this year. Have watched chunks of various games and am looking forward to the run home.
Yeah, as with most of these sports it gets much more exciting towards finals time, firstly with the sides trying to make the Eight and top Four and then the finals itself when everything is on the line.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Tanking is a non- issue, Carlton was **** they lost games because of this not because of coaching moves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tanking is an issue, seriously why the hell would someone like West Coast even want to try to win another game for the rest of the season?

If Cox is rested for the rest of the season, then you cannot deny that tanking doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Its just covered as list management.

Carlton were not that **** last year that they should have got a priority pick. They simply weren't.

pasag

RTDAS
Tanking is a non- issue, Carlton was **** they lost games because of this not because of coaching moves.
Yeah agree with that. I simply refuse to believe that we didn't try our hearts out to win games when they were so few and far between. We were horrible through the past few years so to say that the last few games of the era should be different is, to me, nonsensical. It's not like we were winning games and then all of a sudden started losing, we were poor all the way through.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Your players were trying their heart out, so was your coach during match-day.

But not during team selection.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, Richmond's luck:

- Ottens impales himself on a garden stake
- Campbell pulls his hammy celebrating a goal
- Coughlan does his knee in the shower
- Andy kellaway pulls a hammy surfing
- Justin charles breaks his hand punching the ground and is also the only AFL player ever to be guilty of steroid use

and now Polak gets run over by a tram.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
- Coughlan does his knee in the shower
What on earth could you be doing in a shower that could destroy your knee?

:naughty:

Reminds me of when notorious baldy Sanath Jayasuriya did his hammy after he "dropped the shampoo". Haven't these sportsmen ever heard of lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.