• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only watched first half of the first quarter. Wow we must have played like ****. Vintage Richmond to lose by 30 points to a Juddless Carlton.

Richo has done his hammy too :(

****ing ****.

pasag

RTDAS
How good was that? I reckon it was one of my most favourite matches ever. Stevens was magnifcent and Betts' final quarter was incredible, if he would have kicked that goal it would have definitley been goal of the year.

Feel bad for Richamond though, they were the better side for three quarters, but just didn't have anything left in the tank at the end there, especially when the momentum started going against them.

Hope Richo isn't seriously hurt, will be absolutley gutted if it's a long term thing.

pasag

RTDAS
Only watched first half of the first quarter. Wow we must have played like ****. Vintage Richmond to lose by 30 points to a Juddless Carlton.
The third was pretty even, probably one of the best third quarters for the year with Richmond being slightly better, but we stepped on the accelerator in the fourth and dominated in the middle. A couple of quick goals and it was all over. Brown kicking, what, 0.6 couldn't have helped.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also sounds like a last quarter fade out. Been doing that all year.

Almost cost us against Melbourne, almost cost us against Port, and we still haven't rectified it and it finally cost us against Carlton. :(

Blues still a finals chance I guess now.

Sounds like Gibbs was gun?

pasag

RTDAS
Also sounds like a last quarter fade out. Been doing that all year.

Almost cost us against Melbourne, almost cost us against Port, and we still haven't rectified it and it finally cost us against Carlton. :(

Blues still a finals chance I guess now.

Sounds like Gibbs was gun?
Yeah Gibbs was gun, though it was really a team effort at the end there, with everyone sort of lifting. Our fourth quarters this year have been sensational, really the polar opposite of our dark years where we virtually didn't win a fourth quarter for months on end.

Was nice to see Fev shaking hands with some of the people in the Richmond cheersquad also.

Will be very tough to make the finals, we really needed that Essendon win. Got St Kilda, Sydney, Footscray and Adelaide in the next month, then North, Brisbane and the Hawks in the final few rounds. So wouldn't put any money on it.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
How good was that? I reckon it was one of my most favourite matches ever. Stevens was magnifcent and Betts' final quarter was incredible, if he would have kicked that goal it would have definitley been goal of the year.

Feel bad for Richamond though, they were the better side for three quarters, but just didn't have anything left in the tank at the end there, especially when the momentum started going against them.

Hope Richo isn't seriously hurt, will be absolutley gutted if it's a long term thing.
From a neutral perspective i didnt think the game reached any great heights. Stevens was sensational though as he was last week. Very underrated if thats possible.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
OMFG! Had money on either team winning by under 15.5 and St Kilda win by 15! Furthermore I had money on North Queensland with a 2 point headstart and Souths beat them by 1. Incredible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha nice.

Can't believe the Roos though, so inconsistent. Will lose to Essendon or the Saints, or get pumped by Freo, but next week will beat the Hawks or Doggies, or come close to beating Geelong.

pasag

RTDAS
Jesus, poor guy.

I always thought of trams as fairly slow moving vehicles, am I mistaken?
Nah, they're not like the San Fransisco ones, they go fairly fast. They're slower than a car and they're fairly slow off the mark but if you're hit by one in full flight you don't have much chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HOLY ****!

That's horrible! I hope Polak is okay :(

He was just starting to hit his straps as a player too, his is horrible on various levels!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Word is he was put in a self-induced coma, and will be taken out of it today. Has suffered brain injury, but no swelling which is good.

I know its clearly not the main priority, but if he's suffered any intellectual disability through this, which they'll find out later today, his career would be over. :(

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Word is he was put in a self-induced coma, and will be taken out of it today. Has suffered brain injury, but no swelling which is good.

I know its clearly not the main priority, but if he's suffered any intellectual disability through this, which they'll find out later today, his career would be over. :(
Terrible terrible news, hopefully the guy is alright and manages to come away from this with no brain damage.

irfan

State Captain

Really terrible news. Polak used to go to my high school and on old teacher of mine (who taught him) said he used to hit the top of doorways in classrooms because he was so tall, so maybe he's one of those accident-prone types. Hopefully he recovers without any major disability

pasag

RTDAS
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.