• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gower suggesting that the ODI series, "like the one in New Zealand", is swinging back and forth between the two sides and it is simply a matter of whose turn it is to win.

Seem to recall England winning only 1 of the 5 games in NZ...

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Perhaps because they are one of the most successful chasing sides in history?
Considering the fact that in this current series we've just wrested the momentum back from England through defending a low total?

We need to get over the Chappell-Hadlee series.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf our commentators weren't much better.

Simon Doull "who care's about England, lets talk about Jesse Ryder.." and that is a direct quote. Was seriously surprised there wasn't an explosion in the tour thread about it.

_Ed_

Simon Doull "who care's about England, lets talk about Jesse Ryder.." and that is a direct quote. Was seriously surprised there wasn't an explosion in the tour thread about it.
That is true, Doull's a shocker.

Nasser just made a big call, he said that if the ball's swinging Anderson will get McCullum out. I hope he's wrong.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Considering the fact that in this current series we've just wrested the momentum back from England through defending a low total?
That's one game. History shows, and it's recent history, that the BC are better chasing. You think you know better than the captain and the players?

Flem274*

123/5
That is true, Doull's a shocker.

Nasser just made a big call, he said that if the ball's swinging Anderson will get McCullum out. I hope he's wrong.
If its not I predict Anderson to go for 6+ an over.

Don't really care about what the TV commentators think personally, I have the radio and Henry Blofeld! (sic). Seriously, English cricket radio kicks the TV coverage straight to the Arctic or some other ****hole.

Flem274*

123/5
That's one game. History shows, and it's recent history, that the BC are better chasing. You think you know better than the captain and the players?
Well duh!!! Every agro fan knows better than the players, even ask talkback radio callers and Dominion Post cricket writers.

_Ed_

Vettori, what a tosser! :ph34r:
Haha, indeed. He's still winning around 75% of them isn't he? Ridiculous.

I guess things will even out in games in the next World Cup or something in conditions that make the toss crucial.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, indeed. He's still winning around 75% of them isn't he? Ridiculous.

I guess things will even out in games in the next World Cup or something in conditions that make the toss crucial.
Welcome to todays match between NZ and South Africa. Vettori has lost the toss on an extremely green, fast, bouncy wicket. Hopkins, Marshall and Bell are in for McCullum, How and Taylor due to injury. Marshall to face first ball to Dale Steyn....

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

I remember the quote, second ODI if I can recall correctly when we won by 10 wickets...fairly typical of Doull's commentary really.

Missed the pitch report so not sure on what its like but at least the weather is fine. Hopefully we haven't made an error by letting England bat first on the surface.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Ian Smith "I can't understand why the English cricket team warmup playing rugby, when their rugby team isn't even very good at it."