• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'd have this for the next match provided Sidebottoms fit

1. Wright
2. Bell
3. Pietersen
4. Ambrose
5. Collingwood
6. Shah
7. Mascarenhas
8. Swann
9. Broad
10. Sidebottom
11. Anderson

Give Ambrose a decent shot at scoring runs imo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd have this for the next match provided Sidebottoms fit

1. Wright
2. Bell
3. Pietersen
4. Ambrose
5. Collingwood
6. Shah
7. Mascarenhas
8. Swann
9. Broad
10. Sidebottom
11. Anderson

Give Ambrose a decent shot at scoring runs imo.
Even if England's top-order is decimated by Mills and from 50-6 Bopara sticks around and ends on 48* thus winning the game?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
NZ have to have a go soon, surely? I dunno about Gillespie, but Southee's clearly no mug with the bat. so it's not like these two are the last chance for them.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Broad I'm still not sold on either.
I dont see how you still cant be sold on Broad. Firstly you deny his action is a good one, which i cant understand, and then you still keep having a go at him when he produces good bowling figures regularly.

He's still young remember, so he will make mistakes but im sure when he does you'll use it to say how crap he is and how right you were :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
NZ have to have a go soon, surely? I dunno about Gillespie, but Southee's clearly no mug with the bat. so it's not like these two are the last chance for them.
Gillespie has a top First-Class score of 81*, even though he's never done much in one-day cricket, so he's not a rabbit.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Even if England's top-order is decimated by Mills and from 50-6 Bopara sticks around and ends on 48* thus winning the game?
Would get him ahead of Mascarenhas with the bowling duties to be shared be Collingwood, Bopara and Wright.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Its quite sad how NZ looked reasonable in NZ but are really very poor in England. Its quite an embarrassing series and very dissapointing. Our lack of depth has come out of the closet in both Batting and Bowling and the experienced players that are left are not the ones that are likely to consistently effect game results (except vettori).
The side just looks so down on confidence that it seems no matter what we try, its bound to fail. Agreed that its been extremely disappointing after coming to England with at least an ODI side that had a high reputation and then struggling in all three disciplines.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder how many french cuts he managed in that knock. :p
:laugh:
He was the man in that Hamilton game against Australia. McMillan got a ton and McCullum 80-odd, but we gave Gillespie the biggest reception of the lot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
He was the man in that Hamilton game against Australia. McMillan got a ton and McCullum 80-odd, but we gave Gillespie the biggest reception of the lot.
Hehe was a brilliant cameo, how anyone could play Shaun Tait with that sort of audactity is beyond me.

50 for Elliott, 99 deliveries but extremely valuable to ensuring we at least have something to bowl at.