• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its amazing that Bond21 gets banned for trolling when Piscine trolls as much and knows much less about cricket. Interesting.
scaly trolls, but he's more knowledgable and less biased then some massive posters on here....

Anywhoo, luke wright was top today in every way, and I'm vewwy vewwy dwunk:)

Oh and reading back I saw brumbers comment, and tbh i wasn't pissed off at the early end, in fact I was pissing myself larfing.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, I don't think any blame should be put on Collingwood and the England team. This is a professional sport and there is a difference between breakign the spirit of the game, and gamesmanship. Going off when the umpires off you to, with one over left and a likely loss to occur, is not England's fault.

Its the administration (and possibly the laws) that need a real good look at.
What's the difference between doing that (slowing the game down to deprive another side a shot at a win) and appealing for a caught behind when the other fella didn't hit it?

I'm just asking because there was a shed load of hysteria about the latter in the Sydney test this year, and the "spirit of the game" and all that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well this is a tad disappointing.
Indeed.

Glad to see Elliott get a few wickets though. Was intending to make a post on how he would be an alright limited overs player, given his style and record, but forgot. Would look like a genius now if I had :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed.

Glad to see Elliott get a few wickets though. Was intending to make a post on how he would be an alright limited overs player, given his style and record, but forgot. Would look like a genius now if I had :ph34r:
Something like this? :p

He took his first wicket about 15 seconds after I posted that.

Flem274*

123/5
scaly trolls, but he's more knowledgable and less biased then some massive posters on here....

Anywhoo, luke wright was top today in every way, and I'm vewwy vewwy dwunk:)

Oh and reading back I saw brumbers comment, and tbh i wasn't pissed off at the early end, in fact I was pissing myself larfing.
I can tell you were drunk. :p

Isura

U19 Captain
Sir Botham was right. They are in the entertainment business. What's worse than OD cricket is OD cricket with no result.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, indeed.

Although tbh a few times when we've been playing **** I've been hoping for rain to intervene, so maybe it evens out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I never, ever, ever hope for rain. Hate denial of justice, it's merely that bit worse when it's the team I'm supporting being denied.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looking at matters, I guess the question that must be asked now is...

Why the &%$£ didn't Elliott play ODIs earlier? Certainly hope he gets plenty more chances now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looking at matters, I guess the question that must be asked now is...

Why the &%$£ didn't Elliott play ODIs earlier? Certainly hope he gets plenty more chances now.
Well I don't think he was eligible until very recently and he didn't start his career in NZ in the best fashion. If you're asking why he didn't play earlier in this series, I'd say that'd be due to the fact that he looked horribly bad in his only Test. That probably shouldn't factor, but it would have.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, no - simply didn't realise he hadn't qualified earlier. Thought it was a year or so ago.

Simply hope, then, that he gets more chances for NZ in the immediate future, 'cos God knows, they need someone like him.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What a joke, 43 overs out of a maximum 48 are played and we have a No Result?? LOL. Crazy, and as a spectator at the ground I'd feel extremely annoyed at having gone to the effort of attending only to be robbed of a result.