• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

stumpski

International Captain
Would it definitely be a no-result if they went off now, or can they afford another short delay?

I remember the England - Australia game in 1977 when they finished in torrential rain, you could see the rainwater dripping off the players' faces; don't think they'll let it get that bad though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I remember the England - Australia game in 1977 when they finished in torrential rain, you could see the rainwater dripping off the players' faces; don't think they'll let it get that bad though.
That game had a reserve-day that no-one wanted to use (and would be used whether anyone liked it or not if they came off) though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is exactly like what I was playing in earlier today. Horrible to field and run between wickets in.

O0o0o0o0o, looks like Anderson might've given away four.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Impossible to say there, there was nothing conclusive either way. 'Twas just a question of who the BOD was going to.

Bloody hell this is a close one, I can't even guess at a winner here (provided we get another 6 balls).

One thing I'll say is how the hell does Luke Wright have any right to get any movement with this cross-seam tactic? :blink:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha - WORST DECISION. Poor crowd. 6 balls frbs! Collingwood wasn't keen either. Pathetic. :(

stumpski

International Captain
Ridiculous, showing complete contempt for the paying public imo. How long would another over have taken?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Pathetic.

And as the commentators are saying, 30min break?
I was wondering why it was so long. Should have only been 10-15.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! What a farce.

If there's one thing cricket will always have over other sports, it's the affect weather/light has on it.

That's what the idiots get for a 30 minute innings break. Ridiculous.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a joke. Grecian's gone to Edgbaston today; imagine he's distinctly non-plussed.

Not often I agree with Botham, but he's called this one right: why the half-hour break FFS?