• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

stumpski

International Captain
Friggin' ridiculous how many catches Lee has dropped off his bowling
And now one goes down off Clark. Wasn't easy, but Haddin did get it in the middle of his glove.

Looking at the replay, I'm not sure it wouldn't have been better left for Ponting.

pasag

RTDAS
Horrible shot from Gayle, why he couldn't just leave something like that is beyond me. It's one thing to have an aggressive mindframe, it's another to try manufacture shots like that.

Shocking fielding effort from Australia today, three dropped catches and a missed run out (will give that the benefit of the doubt though, still Lee could've just chucked it to Symonds).

Marshall playing some very nice shots. Clark bowling very well and Johnson isn't looking too bad, got smacked for four by Gayle and came back with a beautiful yorker.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And now one goes down off Clark. Wasn't easy, but Haddin did get it in the middle of his glove.

Looking at the replay, I'm not sure it wouldn't have been better left for Ponting.
A wicketkeeper has to take that. No two ways about it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Regardless of what I think about his place in the Aussie Test Team, Johnson has certainly showed some good signs so far this innings. Much better line and length for starters and not as round arm.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another missed chance Marshall edges between 1st & 2nd slip no one moved.
Slips fielding has been pitiful for the last year - they are really doing the bowlers a massive disservice and keeping games competitive

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is about as un-Australian a fielding performance as you can get :shocked:

EDIT: cbf finding a suitable smilie.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Why is Cozier so hell-bent on stating that West Indians can't understand Australians when they speak? It's a bit elitest from the "educated" Mr. Cozier.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
No matter if they lose, I've been impressed by the WI again today.

I know they've had let-offs, but I think if they play with this kind of confidence that's a got to be a good thing for the future.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is about as un-Australian a fielding performance as you can get :shocked:

EDIT: cbf finding a suitable smilie.
Nope, been happening for ages

They dropped something like 7 or 8 catches against India at Perth and Sehwag was dropped off an absolute dolly on 2 when he scored a ton in Adelaide

Very hard to get test teams out for reasonable scores all the time if you have to get 12 wickets with 2 bowlers

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All true, but generally this spreads over a test series, or at least test match (i.e. 5 days).

But over a session and a half? And this hasn't just involved dropped catches, but missed run outs and not going for the ball when they should etc.

Just really really bad.

Overall though I take your point, they aren't what they used to be as a cohesive unit. Not in test cricket anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Chattergoon is on crutches. Torn ankle ligaments, they said. He won't bat, barring a miracle.

I hate Australian brilliance.