• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Laurrz

International Debutant
Well i do prefer Hayden and Katich opening for us against India, and i prefer Katich overall... his form is just sublime
I feel really really confident when Katich bats, i know that if the bowlers get him out, he'll put a big price on his wicket, and he is exceptional against spin...

but credit to Jaques, he's cemented his self a position for India i feel

3/365 with two days to go, we can't lose this... but Windies can draw it...
wonder how long we'll bat for
this match isnt dissimilar, in terms of what lead we're on after day 3, to the one against Lanka in Bellerive..where we declared with a lead of exactly 500...it'll probably be the same this time

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I reckon we'll bat until 40 minutes before tea, so we get a good 6 or 7 overs at them before the break.

The Windies won't be rushing through their overs, so I think in 3hr 20min they'll get through like 43-45 overs, so we should make 135+, which is a lead of 500+.

If we do make an additional 135, it'll be great if at least 52 of them are made by Katich.

pasag

RTDAS
I reckon we'll bat until 40 minutes before tea, so we get a good 6 or 7 overs at them before the break.

The Windies won't be rushing through their overs, so I think in 3hr 20min they'll get through like 43-45 overs, so we should make 135+, which is a lead of 500+.

If we do make an additional 135, it'll be great if at least 52 of them are made by Katich.
Yeah, as I said elsewhere, bat at 3 an over for 50/60 overs get the lead to 500/550ish and then have 10 overs at them before tea, giving us 120/130 overs for what looks like will be 9 wickets ftw.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, as I said elsewhere, bat at 3 an over for 50/60 overs get the lead to 500/550ish and then have 10 overs at them before tea, giving us 120/130 overs for what looks like will be 9 wickets ftw.
Yeah and it would be great if Casson takes a couple of those wickets.

If we lose an eary wicket, a Symonds or Haddin cameo could mean we don't have to bat for so long, If the Windies didn't have Chanderpaul I'd be confident if we declared now, wouldn't be 100 percent with him in the lineup though.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Noooooo Katich! :(

In theory this should allow me to leave the computer and study for my exam tomorow morning. In practice I'd rather follow the test.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You're a good man Jimmy. :thumbsup: Fairplay to Benn by the way. Has bowled some top shelf deliveries.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Code:
[B]Patty says:[/B]
I assume you're watching the cricket?
[B]Nath - MKW   says:[/B]
haha defo
[B]Patty says:[/B]
Symonds to make a golden
[B]Nath - MKW   says:[/B]
some Queenslander you are
Beaten by the better team on the day.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You missed the rest, which was quite obviously the best part.

Patty says:
love all things queensland except for Andrew Symonds & Tonie Carrol tbh
Nath - MKW says:
haha
Nath - MKW says:
Symonds 3* (9)
Patty says:
won't make 10

pasag

RTDAS
Wasn't expecting such an early declarion.

WI need 475 to win, Aus need 10 (9?) wickets in five sessions.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Computer says noooooo

EDIT: Stuey bowling a good 10ks quicker this innings. Looking a million dollars.

Last edited: