• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Chance may have just lifted from zero to something.
Yeah, Essendon and Richmond in the next two weeks but then things get really difficult with Saints, Syd, WB, Adelaide, Port, Kangas, Brisbane and Hawthorn. Will really need to win all the games against the lesser teams there and one or two against the better ones. Looking way too far ahead though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a harsh comparison for Richo, considering Cotchin > everyone that's ever played AFL footy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We looked absolutely dead with 10 minutes left and only 8 points up, but we found something which was good to see.

Richo was ridiculously good, 18 marks. He's a machine.

Brownie was outstanding in his 200th game too. Deserved a win.

Deledio was awesome, but I get the feeling that everyone is going to jump on the Cotchin bandwagon within the next year, and Lids may receive less attention (which is a good thing), but the bloke is playing excellent footy, and I hope it doesn't go unnoticed.

Josh

International Regular
Definitely. Thought Tambling played a key role today as well, and Oakley-Nicholls certainly had his best game ever for the club.

Matt White is impressing. I'd written him off as a bit of a nothing player this time last year, but looks a lot more promising these days with bursts of speed and pretty decent decision making. Riewoldt a pretty handy player to have up the sleeve once the big Richo hangs up the boots.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping Ladder - Round 12[/U][/B]

DCYE - 71
Sam_Vimes - 69
BBrumby - 68
Ash Chaulk - 67
Alternative - 67
Cameeel - 67
Clapo - 66
Jono - 66
Pasag - 65
Sir B.I - 65
Josh - 65
Voltman - 64
HeathDavisSpeed - 63
James90 - 62
SKD - 62
MikeW - 62
R_D - 61
Irfan - 60
NZT - 59
Matteh - 57
MorgieB - 54
Hoggy - 51
Nnanden - 52
Simon - 50
Vic_Orthodox - 50
. Samuel_Vimes top scores for Round 12 with 7, only missing out on Carlton today
. DCYE retains top spot, but loses ground to the chasing pack, now leading by 2

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BRUMBY!

I'm not sure if you have any idea how well your Dream Team went this week, but you have a serious chance to win a ****in prize for top score of the round.

2,244 is humungous. You'll at least get in the top 20-40 scores of the whole competition this week.

Well done champ, that's awesome! Pretty stiff that my Golden Boys had to come up against you in such a dominant week for you though :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BRUMBY!

I'm not sure if you have any idea how well your Dream Team went this week, but you have a serious chance to win a ****in prize for top score of the round.

2,244 is humungous. You'll at least get in the top 20-40 scores of the whole competition this week.

Well done champ, that's awesome!
Cheers mate. :)

Don't think I'm eligible for any prizes as I'm a non-Oz resident, but given I'm coming from a zero knowledge base before the season started quietly chuffed with that, outrageous fluke or not. :cool:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Essendon and Richmond in the next two weeks but then things get really difficult with Saints, Syd, WB, Adelaide, Port, Kangas, Brisbane and Hawthorn. Will really need to win all the games against the lesser teams there and one or two against the better ones. Looking way too far ahead though.
Hope we knock you guys off again. Would be happy if it was the only game we won for the rest of the season.

Am actually quietly confident, Fev and Judd killed us last game and we still beat you.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Is Scott Gumbleton the most injury prone player in the AFL?

Did his shoulder playing for Bendigo today FFS

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha so true Faaip :p

The ultimate is when The Golden Boys are up and flying whilst having Birdman Burton and Big Richo in the team. (Richmond winning is a bonus).

I almost always have them both in my team every year, but didn't choose them this year, and they're both having All Australian seasons. Murphy's Law and all.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Can anyone recall a genuine key defender polling well in the Brownlow? I only remember Brownlow's clearly since the mid 90s or so, but in that time I don't remember any examples.

I think Bock will manage 10 or so this year, at a conservative estimate. I hope he got 3 last night at least, definitely deserved it. He obviously won't go anywhere near winning it, but even Scarlett and Rutten when they've had totally dominant seasons recently didn't manage more than 3 or 4 votes IIRC. Wondering if there are any exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.