• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddy's elbow was much worse than O'Donnell's in the NRL. Good time to compare the two judiciaries. Early prediction is 1 week for Franklin.

Got $10 on Sydney to win by 23 or more and another $5 on them to win by 40 or more. Keeping me interested.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You have an amazing midfield, very well chosen team. Will be a good match, but I back my Golden Boys to continue on their merry way. Last two weeks have been brilliant.

David Hille scoring you 133 will help your chances though.
Cheers. :)

Putting in good account of themselves, anyway. Think Pavlich & your Doggies forwards will be the difference tho. Franklin not helping my cause either.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Buddy's elbow was much worse than O'Donnell's in the NRL. Good time to compare the two judiciaries. Early prediction is 1 week for Franklin.
Yeah Buddy will miss 1 minimum IMO.

He was no good in the first half either, but how awesome is he that's he's forced himself into the contest by playing on the ball 'Richo' style. All the gun forwards do that (Pav, Richo, J Brown (before his knees were screwed. Take note Ross Lyon, let Riewoldt do that too, he's got an even bigger tank than Richo.

Btw how awesome is this Hawthorn vs. Adelaide game.

Hodge is a ****in star! Buddy too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
WHAT A WIN BY THE HAWKS!

Hodge and Franklin in that last quarter were brilliant.

Bock's a star, but why he didn't follow Franklin when he'd run to the back line is beyond me. Whether its a Neil Craig policy or his own, it brought Franklin back into the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cheers. :)

Putting in good account of themselves, anyway. Think Pavlich & your Doggies forwards will be the difference tho. Franklin not helping my cause either.
Nah I think you'll get me this week, particularly with Jarred McVeigh and Osborne tonning up.

The only problem with your team is you have one gun midfielder too many atm. A gun like Sam Mitchell sitting as an emergency is a waste of cash. You're better off getting rid of Rys Palmer or McVeigh for a cash cow (cheap rookie who will go up in price) and then upgrading someone like Mayne or O'Brien.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody Freo! Not only are there plenty of Freo fans at work who'll be gloating on Monday (after I've been able to rubbish them for weeks), but I'd had a big laugh at a mate who'd picked them by overs. I'm (not for the first time) looking like an absolute chumP.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
HAAAAWKS! Not the best game skillfully but what a contest!

Loved that last quarter. Franklin is so gun even with a dodgy radar.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing game to lose. Difference in the end was the targets Hawthorn had up forward. Adelaide basically dominated contested ball in the midfield for the entire game, at one stage centre breaks were like 9-0. Just didn't have enough going forward though, missed Burton a lot. When Hawthorn went forward, a goal was always a decent possibility even though Franklin didn't really touch it in the forward line.

Bock played one of the best games I've ever seen from a key defender. Most disposals on the ground, most marks on the ground, and dominated Franklin in a defensive role also, and kept him one genuine shot on goal for the entire night, in the last term. The only other set shot he had was from a dodgy free kick.

Hodge was brilliant at the end and Franklin got a lot of the ball in the last term, made a huge difference also. Hodge ended up probably Hawthorn's best player after having a really quiet first half. Pretty amazing.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah I think you'll get me this week, particularly with Jarred McVeigh and Osborne tonning up.

The only problem with your team is you have one gun midfielder too many atm. A gun like Sam Mitchell sitting as an emergency is a waste of cash. You're better off getting rid of Rys Palmer or McVeigh for a cash cow (cheap rookie who will go up in price) and then upgrading someone like Mayne or O'Brien.
It's Palmer turning out to be so good. I only bought him as an emergency (& he's been there pretty much all season), but with Mitchell scoring me 30-odd last week he's got promoted to the starting line-up.

20 transfers over the season is well tight, so I'm trying to save as many as I can.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, can't see how we could have played any worse yesterday, and McIntosh pretty much out for the rest of the season, don't think we are a finals chance now.

Our disposal was diabolical, every kick seemed to be to contest, and we took about 1 contested mark in the first 3 quarters, Simpson and Rawlings were having to kick far to often and we had Brown and Josh Smith(it was his second game so we can forgive him a little but he dropped a couple of mark he should have taken and didn't do much else) providing next to nothing up forward. We were destroyed down back as well, Firrito is down on form and confidence and getting beaten by everyone, the rest weren't much better.

Surprised there were no reports to be honest as well

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
It's actually a very interesting race for the finals. 8th place will be closely fought for between North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda and Carlton. Port have the best draw but definitely seem prone to choking. Impossible to choose between North Melbourne and St Kilda, they play each other in a couple of weeks and that will give us some idea. I don't think Carlton are good enough to feature this September.

pasag

RTDAS
There's about zero chance Carlton will make it. Just not consistent enough to win the required games. That said, the fact we're even talking about this makes me very happy. Good times ahead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ Collingwood. Losing to Carlton twice in one season.

Bartel having an absolute shocker in DT, and Ablett gunning it as usual will guarantee you a big win against me this week Brumby.

My second loss this season, first to Clapo, and now to Brumby... I'm human after all :(

:p

pasag

RTDAS
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

Hating myself so much right now for not going. Watching it on replay on 7.

In life, there is nothing better than beating Collingwood. Nothing.

Edit: And we're in the 8!

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
There's about zero chance Carlton will make it. Just not consistent enough to win the required games. That said, the fact we're even talking about this makes me very happy. Good times ahead.
Chance may have just lifted from zero to something.

pasag

RTDAS
Man Murphy was awesome and Judd in that last quarter was unstoppable. Fev's kicked 15 goals against Collingwood this year :laugh: Put that together with his 12 in the Millennium match and it's pretty clear who his favourite team is. 14 or so scoring shots today, imagine if he would have kicked straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.