• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Laurrz

International Debutant
Ah, fair cop to him for cashing in on his luck, even if it is a bit frequent for his haters' (ie my) liking.

And, yeah Gayle is a key but I'm looking more at how Johnson and Casson go. Having a two man attack has got to cost us at some stage right?
well im just glad our other two bowlers have bowled **** last two days on **** wickets..so get all the crappyness out of the way... so yea i hope things change this time as you cant bowl **** for 3 games in a row surely...

cmon Midge! the extra bounce may be just like home (Gabba) rather than the mudheaps he's been playing on

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreeing word for word with what Adams was saying about technology.

45mm of rain overnight and still got a quick outfield? Nice.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I fell asleep but how was Symonds let off twice? PLumb in front or caught behinds or one of each?

Shame about the weather forecast, would love to see how the Aussies respond if the Windies can roll them over tommorow.
He was caught behind not given early on
and then was dropped on 50ish...but got out soon later

we were 5/110 when he was let off i think... so it was handy stuff :) 80 runs bonus

more interested in how Windies respond, Gayle especially :ph34r:
on a pitch thats getting quicker too
Actually was dropped by Marshall in the slips on 7. At 14 the ball his his glove and deviated and the ump didn't give the catch down the legside.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, called the Casson decision correctly live. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing us (Casson) bowl. Go Australia! (Casson)

roseboy64

Agreeing word for word with what Adams was saying about technology.

45mm of rain overnight and still got a quick outfield? Nice.
Exactly. Which is why I got upset when someone earlier in this thread generalised the stadia based on just the Antigua stadium.:@ Will search for it later.

roseboy64

duffer

This is a good result for the Windies, now if Gayle can fire they can put themselves in a real good position for the rest of the match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
West Indies bowled decently, but that really was a shocking effort by Australia with the bat. The pitch was not hard to bat on by any means and although the West Indies bowlers bowled some good spells, they bowled some trash at times too. Lots of starts and some absolute gifts in the form of wickets.

Hopefully Gayle goes early, for quite a few reasons. Firstly because I don't really enjoy watching him bat, secondly because it'd obviously help Australia to some extent and thirdly so he'll stop getting so many mentions in this thread as being "the key". He's really not that good.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is a pretty decent wicket for pace bowling IMO, certainly not a 400+ pitch as some are making out. Very good effort from the Windies though, and Lee and Clark will have to bowl well to avoid conceding a lead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a pretty decent wicket for pace bowling IMO, certainly not a 400+ pitch as some are making out. Very good effort from the Windies though, and Lee and Clark will have to bowl well to avoid conceding a lead.
Yeah, it's a good Test wicket. I certainly wouldn't call it a totally unhelpful pitch, but I'd still say it was a 300 par wicket at least. There's a bit of pace and bounce in it but there's no real movement.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hopefully Gayle goes early, for quite a few reasons. Firstly because I don't really enjoy watching him bat, secondly because it'd obviously help Australia to some extent and thirdly so he'll stop getting so many mentions in this thread as being "the key". He's really not that good.
Oh, and just a tip for all the punters out there: now that I've said the above, he'll definitely ton up.

duffer

Yeah, it's a good Test wicket. I certainly wouldn't call it a totally unhelpful pitch, but I'd still say it was a 300 par wicket at least. There's a bit of pace and bounce in it but there's no real movement.
Well, average first innings score here is around 320 so definitely not a good score first up, but the Windies will need at least 350 to make a game of this. Australia won't bat this bad twice in a row.